Elliott, LPCC, NCC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience:  35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.
40019946

My daughter is suicidal and would like to go to a treatment

My daughter is suicidal and would like to go to a treatment facility that has outdoor activities. We live in Pocatello Idaho

Elliott Sewell, LPCC, NCC :

Seeking expert counseling is a sign of strength. A personal relationship with a caring professional is proven clinically effective.

Elliott Sewell, LPCC, NCC :

Dear friend,

Elliott Sewell, LPCC, NCC :

I see that you went offline while I was typing. If you get back on, just respond to me.

Elliott Sewell, LPCC, NCC :

There is a facility in Idaho which seems to offer what you are looking for. ]

Elliott Sewell, LPCC, NCC :

It is called Echo Springs Transition Study Center Treatment Facility.

Elliott Sewell, LPCC, NCC :

I tried to call them a few minutes ago but they were out of the office.

Elliott Sewell, LPCC, NCC :

They are located at

Elliott Sewell, LPCC, NCC :

3210 Kootenai Trail Road
Bonners Ferry, Idaho 83805

Elliott Sewell, LPCC, NCC :

Their phone number is

Elliott Sewell, LPCC, NCC : (NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>
Elliott Sewell, LPCC, NCC :

Here is a quote from their mission statement:

Elliott Sewell, LPCC, NCC :

About Our Facility

Echo Springs empowers young adults to live effective and productive lives. Through this program students will identify their interests, assess their strengths and learn to manage their weaknesses. We facilitate the opportunity to re-envision their dreams. Students learn they can accomplish realistic goals. Echo Springs supports students in the transition from passive onlooker to active participant in their own lives.

Philosophy

We teach young adults character, discipline, direction. Our students are often brighter than average; they have the potential to lead independent, fruitful lives - but they lack the tools, the drive, and the confidence to get back on track. Most of our students are transitioning out of therapeutic boarding schools, recovery centers, or wilderness programs...they've flunked out of high school or college, or they never started. They're stalled, stuck, and need structured leadership in a safe haven. A Three-Phase system teaches young adults how to live independent and fruitful lives. Phase One is structured, routine, has plenty of accountability, and a lot of responsibility within the house. Students live clean and sober and learn to manage their lives. Phase Two is in an apartment-like setting, students take college classes, enter the job market, have regular meetings with Echo Springs mentors, and plan for the future. Phase Out allows students to live independently in consultation with staff.

Our tools for success include a safe environment, small steps, independence, responsibility, goals, and positive role modeling presented through the mentoring, guidance and support of experienced staff. Echo Springs improves: Social interaction, community integration, adult relationships, interaction with authority, parent communication, budgeting, time management, nutrition, cooking, life. Self-sufficiency, appropriate coping methods Self-discovery, empowerment, self-awareness Perception of the world by experiencing something positive, building on those successes, and creating a reference base to feel more in control.

Elliott Sewell, LPCC, NCC :

Their website is

Elliott Sewell, LPCC, NCC :

http://www.echosprings.net/

Elliott Sewell, LPCC, NCC :

One other excellent location is

Elliott Sewell, LPCC, NCC :

Penrith Farms
XXXXX
Newport, Washington 99156
phone:(NNN) NNN-NNNN

Elliott Sewell, LPCC, NCC :

Their website is:

Elliott Sewell, LPCC, NCC :

http://www.penrithfarms.com/

Elliott Sewell, LPCC, NCC :

Both of these facilities are excellent and either one may fit your needs.

Elliott Sewell, LPCC, NCC :

Is there any other way that I can be 9of service to you?

Customer:

Does she need a referral?

Elliott Sewell, LPCC, NCC :

No. All you have to do is call and speak with the the admissions or administrative personnel.

Customer:

Do you know anything about the counseling or the cost?

Elliott Sewell, LPCC, NCC :

No. There may be sliding scales.; that is something best discussed with them.

Customer:

Ok. Thank you

Elliott Sewell, LPCC, NCC :

They both have professional counseling/therapy staff members, however.

Elliott Sewell, LPCC, NCC :

The websites will give you a lot more information.

Elliott Sewell, LPCC, NCC :

There are both beautiful places with lots of wholesome outdoor activities.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

ELLIOTT. My daughter is 27 years old. Are the above facilities for teens only?

Dear Kathryn,

I spoke at length with Jim Brewster at Penrith Farms. He said that 27 is ideal, and there is currently a young woman of 27 at the facility at the present moment. I was impressed with this gentlman and told him that I would have you call him, if you wished, at the above number.

I also tried once again to get Echo Springs, but this time left a message.

I hope this works out. If I get positive information from Echo Springs I will get back to you when I do, or you could ask them directly.

Warm regards,

Elliott.