Bill
Bill, LCSW, Consultant, Expert Witness
Experience:  35 years treating individuals, couples, families with mental health and substance abuse prob's
48585111

ok will Ive quit my job a while ago because the company is

ok will I've quit my job a while ago because the company is going bankrupt, the upside for me was that at least I'm going to have the time to watch more movies - which is my passion- and read more books because I wanna become a writer but I just lost interest in them I watch a movie and instead of getting into it like I used to I keep hearing voices saying "they're all actors and it's not real" and "what's the point of art and literature they're all useless" so my only pleasure in life is gone and I feel so empty what's wrong with me?

Bill :

Hello- Thank you for asking the question. I have over 30 years of experience working with individuals, couples and families & am happy to reply.

Bill :

I am happy to help with this......

Bill :

Are you able to chat now?

Customer:

Yes

Bill :

Great-

Bill :

Do you actually hear voices or is that when you watch a movie you cannot stop from repeating the content you describe?

Customer:

it's not exactly voices, just thoughts that pop up in my head

Customer:

it bothers me because I've always wanted time to focus on watching movies and reading and now I feel they're useless

Bill :

okay- I understand- this is more of an internal obsessive thinking that keeps you from focusing? Is that fair?

Customer:

by the way I'm not from the US and English is not my first language but it was my college major

Customer:

yes

Bill :

Okay-

Bill :

This is probably and an anxiety related issue that is very treatable. Have you had problems with anxiety (nervousness) or depression before?

Customer:

I never had like a breakdown or something but I guess I'm depressed, my biggest problem is obesity but I'm gonna work on it eventually

Customer:

and losing interest in the things I used to be passionate about is making me nervous

Bill :

okay- Depression and anxiety go hand and hand and both of these are very treatable- I am going to give you some links with information about depression in women and obsessive thinking.

Customer:

ok

Bill :

Like I said, these are very treatable- but you are going to have to talk to your Doctor about this. Do you have a Doctor that you see regularly?

Bill :

The above explains depression and anxiety and their treatment.

Customer:

no I've never went to a therapist, actually I've never heard there's therapist only psychiatrists

Bill :

You are not crazy of anything like that - these are symptoms of depression and anxiety.

Bill :

If you have access to see a Psychiatrist that would be best.

Bill :

I see you are in Saudi Arabia------

Customer:

ok so you think necessary

Customer:

yep

Bill :

Yes- I think it will help you. If you feel depressed --and it is not getting better and you are losing interest- this is a sign that you need some professional help.

Customer:

ok I just hope I'll find a good one thanks

Bill :

There are Psychiatrist in Saudi Arabia- Ask a Doctor that you may know for a referral.

Customer:

yes I will

Bill :

Also- I am attaching a link that has some self scoring quizzes that will measure you level of depression and anxiety. You can test yourself and share the result with the Doctor.

Bill :

I wish you the very best- If you ever need additional help do not hesitate to contact me.........you will have my contact information in an email that follows this chat.

Bill :

Links will be included as attached above.

Bill :

Kindest regards,
Bill

Customer:

ok thank you very much

Bill :

I appreciate your Positive Rating..............

Bill :

My Pleasure