Ryan LCSW
Ryan LCSW, Mental Health
Experience:  Individual and Family Therapist
16045978

i hear my children talking to people when they are playing

i hear my children talking to people when they are playing outside but no one is there. when im in another room i can hear my husband and kids talking about me. but thy say there not
am i insane
Thanks for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd like to help you out.

Most likely you are not insane. Although I don't know anything about you, you can obviously type and spell well, and you can properly express your question and concern. If you otherwise function pretty well in your life, then there is no reason to be overly concerned about your sanity. It does sound like you are experiencing some Auditory Hallucinations, which can have a wide variety of causes.

I've left you some information here that may help you to learn more and get a better idea of what exactly may be causing this problem for you.

http://www.rightdiagnosis.com/sym/auditory_hallucinations.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auditory_hallucination

To really get the best idea of what may be causing this issue for you, the best way would be to ask a psychiatrist, or even your family doctor, who would be able to more specifically discuss your situation and determine the right causes and solutions. These types of issues can be associated with mental illness, but that isn't always the case either.

I saw that your question has gone unanswered for quite some time and I'd like to apologize for that. I just logged in recently and saw that you had been waiting a while and thought that I could help. Best of luck, if I can be of any more help just let me know.

Ryan