Dr. Kaushik
Dr. Kaushik, Psychiatrist
Experience:  MD Psychiatry

My doctor wants me to increase Paxil cr 25 to Paxil cr 37.5.

My doctor wants me to increase Paxil cr 25 to Paxil cr 37.5. I tool it for 3 days and feel worse. She suggested also that i can take 25mg one day and 37.5 another for a while. What should I do, I think i feel better on 25mg

Hi there,

Welcome to Just answer !

Did you start on 25 mg one day and 37.5 mg the other day as per her directions ?

Why did she raise the dose in the first place when you were doing fine on it ?

I will get back to you once you reply to my queries.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No, I was not doing fine on 25 mg, I was good for a month, and then my anxiety was worse. She suggested upper the dose to 37.5 .cr. I tried to take one day 25mg and the other day 37.5. Feels like I am feeling better the days when I take 25
I think her plan was to slowly increase.

Thanks for the inputs..

Well i can understand what your doctor is doing here and that is to slowly upping the dose of paxil cr for your body to adapt to it subtly without throwing itself into any kind of side effects mode owing to sudden change in drug dosing regime.

So it is very much expected to have such kind of bad days in between so as to speak when you are doing such kind of transition from a low to higher dose , so do not get bogged down by this as this is expected because of the fluctuation of the levels of paxil in your serum/ blood and once you are stabilzied on the increased 37.5 mg dose , your symptoms / or so called bad days will automatically wane off.

So this is normal physiological response of your body as it is adjusting to the new dosage plan , so allow it to do so by giving yourself and your body system some time to adjust to the new dose and meanwhie you shall endure the symptoms which this transition period brings along but you shall be rest assured of the fact that once you are stable on the new dose schedule these symptoms will stop , so this is a temporary phase and your doctor is doing the right thing and having a slow yet safe approach to do this, so follow her advise as she is on the right track and have patience.

I hope this helps..

Wish you all the best.

Please kindly leave a Positive rating if you are satisfied with the answer as only then will i be credited for my service.