Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

Dear Dr. Keane,(live chat)Can we talkmore next steps please?

Dear Dr. Keane,(live chat) Can we talk about more next steps please? I have been thinking a little more about other things. I'd also like to chat about habits and how I think I've sorted something and then realise that perhaps I haven't as much as I thought I had. Also I've felt a little out of sorts today and I'm not sure whether it's the fact I may be coming down with something as there's a lot of different bugs in the air right now, none of which normally effects me but may have a mild dose of something (not normally anxiety or low mood inducing though) or the fluoxitine, of which I have now just finished this month's quota (couple of days ago, was fine but today I don't think I am), or if there's been overthinking. I'm sorry for posting again this week. I know I'm probably not being fair on you and was going to try to wait until next week to ask anything again and I feel bad about that because I really don't want to be a nuisance. If we can chat I'd appreciate it. I hope I haven't done anything to annoy you here. For some reason today isn't a very good day in terms of how I'm feeling and would like a quick chat if possible. Oh and I'm impressed that you remember past posts. I do too (even without looking at them, although I do look occassionally as I said, just to help me feel better), and remember all that you say. I'll try again later.

Dr.Keane :

It sounds like you are just having a bad day and you know that's okay, everyone has days where their moods are down and if you are getting sick that can just contribute to the way you feel. It is probably best to post what you want to chat so I can respond if we don't manage to be online at the same time.

Customer:

Hi

Customer:

so sorry that I missed you again.

Customer:

yes I have been having quite a bad day as I've felt really out of sorts and had quite a few negative thoughts.

Customer:

wanted to chat about habits and how hard some of them are to break such as I hadn't really thought about it at the time but during the absolute worst times of the writers group I started to comfort eat again. I thought I'd cracked it, had it totally sorted. I mean, it was okay for a long time and when I was getting "got at" or anything I could walk away and decide that I didn't care. It was just through the really tough times. I know I should have dealt with it all better and I am sure that with all the tools I could have done instead of doing that and feeling bad about myself......I am however pleased for actually standing up for myself and also for the way that I resigned and with no regrets.

Customer:

I am sorry that I didn't think of just posting what I wanted to chat about. It's not been a good day and I am just hoping that I won't feel so low come tomorrow.

Customer:

Did I annoy you by missing you in chat?It's just with what you said and well, you don't normally. I didn't mean to miss you in chat though, something suddenly came up that couldn't be avoided. Sometimes I think I have time to myself but it doesn't always work out that way...Anyway, I am sorry.

Customer:

I should add regarding the comfort eating part that I do know it's just not right and I know how to eat healthily. I think it may be better than what it was but now should lose a little weight again. I feel really bad about that and the negative thoughts I had, especially yesterday. I think it's just to do with the low mood......Please do tell me if I've annoyed you though.

Customer:

I am sorry again for yesterday, my post could have and should have been better.

Customer:

I am trying to make myself feel more positive today and now realise that I am indeed getting sick but it'll pass some time soon I expect.

Customer:

I will try to make my posts better in the future.

Customer:

I am sorry that yesterday I probably read your post totally wrong as well......I do hope that you have a very nice weekend!

Dr.Keane :

I hope you are feeling better today. I have to say your post confused me a bit since I did not understand why you are apologizing, there is no need to do that. I wanted you to talk about what is bothering you and what you wanted to chat about since we are not online at the same time very often. It seems you may be upset with yourself for "comfort eating" and falling back on old behaviors (such as beating yourself up). As I said in my last post we all have days or even weeks like this. You know you'll eat better when you feel better. Give yourself permission to get off track once in awhile. You'll feel better soon (hopefully) and know there isn't anything wrong with comfort food now and then. It isn't one way or the other, it's a balance between the two.