Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

Dear Dr. Keane, (live chat) Ive just realised it will

Dear Dr. Keane, (live chat) I've just realised it will be Thanksgiving for you on Thursday, so hope you have a really nice Thanksgiving tomorrow. I was going to originally post tomorrow until I noticed that and you'll most likely have plans. I hope your family, especially your son, is doing well and that his house is drying out.... I have decided I will most definitely leave the group. I don't need to be putting up with their attitudes towards me. I very much like the idea of leaving it until the last minute, which would be either on Sunday or actually on the Monday of the meeting. I am away from 11:30am but should be back at 3pm your time (think that's 8pm my time). I know there are days when I'm in and out a lot for work and other commitments but I hope to chat soon. Oh and 1 other query and I hope you don't think me silly for asking it but are you still planning to be here next year too. I was just thinking because it's not that long until Christmas time now. If you are still planning on being here then can I please continue to post and chat to you? I know it's been a long time that we've been doing this now but I feel that it does help a lot, and you are so kind and nice to chat to about things.

Dr.Keane :

Glad you made a decision....I'll try to check in again today but may not get here before it's too late.

Customer:

Hi

Customer:

oh, sorry to have missed you. I am just back from a meeting.

Customer:

I will try to be here as long as possible incase you do make it back here.

Customer:

I think I must have just missed you by a minute.....sorry!!!

Customer:

I had every intention to be here but then I had a quick phone call to take care of too. I am so sorry for missing you.

Customer:

I hope to catch you later. I will be back online from just after 5pm your time, probably 5:10pm. You sound like you may have a busy day, hope it's going well.

Customer:

If it ends up being too late then feel free to leave comments if you like and I can be online Thurs, but as I said, then realised it's thanksgiving, so I'll respect that. So, I can be online Fri, but only from 8pm that day, Sat, I'm not too sure about, still finalising a plan, but can be online most of the day on Sunday, or would next week be better? I think I've just about decided how I'm going to word my resignation from the group. It's simple, straight to the point and not long at all. It's not been a sudden decision. It's been something that I have been thinking about for quite awhile off and on as things have played out. Then there would be something that would perhaps make me think again and to stay just that bit longer, otherwise I'd have resigned awhile ago I think. I had to make sure and feel that resigning was the right decision and it definitely is in my opinion. I don't think I'll now lose too much from it and nor will the group as they will be just about there with perhaps the group they've always wanted with their inner circle. Then I can put it all behind me and do something else. When I think about it I think because the meetings of the group are so frequent and I attended just about all of them over the time I was a member that it'll be a bit strange at first, but probably also a relief to not have to wonder if I'll get anyone's flack or whether it'll be a pleasant time.......I am glad that through your experiences through group situations that you understand what my situation has been like and thus able to help.

Customer:

I hope to chat soon!

Dr.Keane :

I will try to check in as time permits. I am glad you have figured out how to resign from the group. Keeping it short and simple is best. It may feel strange at first but you will find another opportunity, one that appreciates your input and responsible nature. Glad to be able to help.