Brad The Therapist
Brad The Therapist, LCPC
Experience:  10 years of experience in working with youth and adults
50717502

what if I have high scores on inattentiveness, but not on other

what if I have high scores on inattentiveness, but not on other areas of adhd? My specific symptoms include:

getting easily distracted, loosing or misplacing things, being very inattentive to detail, sometimes getting overfocused on some things and being unable to finish, getting disorganized easily and not being able to follow the planned activities etc. Is there something specific I can do about my inattentiveness and problems with focusing?

Brad The Therapist :

Thank you for your question. Before answering your question, I have a few questions. When did you first notice these symptoms? How old were you? do you feel a difference when you take caffiene?

Customer:

I noticed them when I entered to the primary school, I always had problems with loosing my things, paying attention in math classes, my room was always really messy and i tended to have a lot of problems memorizing facts. I was a serious caffeine addict a year ago just because it helped to increase my productivity, so I guess there is a difference.

Brad The Therapist :

Thank you for your response. Have you considered taking medications for ADHD?

Brad The Therapist :

Also, have you ever experienced a head injury towards the front side of your brain?

Customer:

no, i have not considered taking any medications because I only now started questioning if I might have add

Customer:

any do not recall any head insuries, there was one incident were I got hit by a swing and there is a scare below my eyebrow, so that could actually qualify

Customer:

I was three at the time so I do not know more, I know that it was quite serious and it took awhile to make stiches

Brad The Therapist :

The area you were hit may help explain the difficulty you have with organization as the injury occurred on your prefrontal cortex. My recommendation for you is to see doctor, preferably a neurologist and possible obtain a neuropsychological exam by a neuropsychologist, if possible.

Brad The Therapist :

Please let me know if you have any further questions