Dr. Olsen
Dr. Olsen, Psychologist
Experience:  PsyD Psychologist

people at work call me and a recent advent has made me paranoid.

people at work call me and a recent advent has made me paranoid. I am worried mainly about my penis and am very shy and had some bad experiences. I know that theres a rumor about me at work and i feel paranoid all the time and i feel peoples eyes on me too. I am average size i think. Its 6 inches when erect. But i feel like its too small and have grown obsessed to try and make it bigger. I hit a new low recently and i cannot maintain eye contact or even talk to someone even family without a panic or worry that they are thinking about it. I am sure this comes across to the other party and i hate this new all time low i am at that i dont know what to do. Ive even stupidly thought about ending it all.
Hi there,
Thank you for writing in here.

As you are aware, you may have signs of obsession and paranoid about yourself.

You may have Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD - anxiety disorder).
I suspect that you may have OCD based on your repot.
It's common for people with OCD to fixate on things or topics. In your case, you are anxious about others' view of yourself and your penis size excessively.

I would advise you to see your primary care doctor to discuss your obsessions. Your doctor may refer you to a psychiatrist for medication consultation and a psychologist for psychotherapy (for OCD management).

Also, relaxation and Stress reduction techniques such as yoga, meditation, Acupuncture, Nutrition and Guided imagery may help you to reduce anxiety symptoms like obsessions and restlessness.

If your are open to psychotherapy, I would advise you to work with a psychologist WEEKLY for 3- 6 months or longer.
Medication and psychotherapy are effective for OCD.

You may benefit from having a Cognitive-Behavior therapy (CBT) for your anxiety disorder/OCD.
You can call your insurance company and get a list of providers in your area.

Other recommendations are:
Avoid excess use of alcohol and drugs.
Sleep in complete darkness and try to be out in bright light during the day.
Have pleasurable activities with friends and family.
Choose to listen to sounds that have positive effects on your mood.
Set limits on the amount of time you spend on the internet to avoid information overload.

Please let me know if you have more questions. Best regards,