Elliott, LPCC, NCC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience:  35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.

HOW CAN I GET A DOCTOR TO CONFIRM THAT I DONT HAVE BI POLAR

Customer Question

HOW CAN I GET A DOCTOR TO CONFIRM THAT I DON'T HAVE BI POLAR AND GET A WRITTEN LETTER SAYING THIS AS I HAVE PEOPLE WHO ARE HELPING MY BROTHER AS HE IS THE EXECUTOR OF MY MOTHER'S WILL AND HE WANTS TO TAKE EVERYTHING AND HE HAS ACCUSED ME OF FIRSTLY HAVING ASPERGER'S SYDROME AND ALSO GOT MY MOTHER TO SAY THIS TO ME BEFORE SHE DIED,I JUST WANT BACKING FROM THE DOCTOR SO THAT I DON'T HAVE ANY PROBLEMS FROM MY MENTAL HEALTH SIDE AS HE IS TRYING ANYTHING AND I THINK THERE MAYBE CAUSE FOR CONCERN ABOUT MY HOUSE A LADY THAT KNEW MY MOTHER , BEFRIENDED ME AFTER MY MOTHER DIED AND SHE WAS WORKING FOR MY BROTHER AND SHE ALSO FOUND ME A SOL ICITOR WHO TRIED TO TAKE ME TO COURT BUT THAT HAS NOW FALLEN THROUGH AND I HAVE HAD AN APOLOGY FROM THE FIRM .HOW CAN I HAVE A DOCTOR'S LETTER AND HELP AND MAYBE A MEDICAL TO CONFIRM THAT I DON'T HAVE ANYTHING MENTALLY WRONG WITH ME ,AS I AM WORKING AND I AM OF GOOD MENTAL HEALTH BUT THEY ARE TRYING TO IMPLY THAT I AM NOT FOR SOME REASON WHICH HASN'T YET COME TO THE FORE. THANK-YOU VERY MUCH.I AM JUST WORRIED AS THEY HAVE GOT ME AT A VULNERABLE STAGE OF MY LIFE DUE TO THE DEATH MY MOTHER AS I LOOKED AFTER MY MOTHER WHO HAD PANCREAS AND LIVER CANCER BEFORE SHE WENT INTO HOSPITAL
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Elliott, LPCC, NCC replied 1 year ago.
Seeking expert counseling is a sign of strength. A personal relationship with a caring professional is proven clinically effective.

Dear friend,

It does not matter what your brother accuses you of. You do not have a history of either Asperger's Disorder or Bipolar Disorder. Even if you did, this would not be a reason to deny you of your inheritance.

Do not make an issue about this unless your brother brings it up. He may be trying to make you look bad If you accuse him of something he has not done publicly in the eyes of the court, then it will make it appear that you have paranoid delusions and then if you behave in this manner the court may think that you are delusional.

Just play it calm, cool and collected. If there is an attorney, let him or her be your spokesman. Don't speak for yourself.

If they tell any lies that they cannot prove, your attorney can stop them and sue them for slander. Don't let them set YOUR agenda. Stay calm and quiet, and let your attorney do the talking for you, and you will be fine.

You were a wonderful caregiver to your mom, and she wants you to have your fair share. Make sure that you get a good attorney.

I wish you great success.

God bless you.

Elliott Sewell, LPCC, NCC, CCMHC
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I thank-you very much for your email.I loved my Mother and I wanted her to have as much dignity in the last few days she had.WE had a very strong bond when we were living together and got on very well.I could see how certain people were making it difficult for her and I told her this .She had been told to say that I had ASPERGER'S but after she said I love you and I am proud of you so I asked her why she had said that I had Asperger's and she didn't say anything .I knew that the words were not her'sexcept the I love you as she had said them before.She also said I hated everyone and that came from my brother as he said this when she had died .My Mother had mini strokes so she was at times very vulnerable and she went to see my brother alot just before she died and I wasn't able too.They also didn't want me to come and have my last Christmas with her and made excuses through her that I didn't like Christmas with them which were all lies.Could my brother have influenced her in to changing her will because,a lady that she knew got her a solicitor and also me and then she found out what was in her will and found out I was sole exectrix first of all and then everything was changed to benefit him.If someone had mini storkes and were vulnerable and this is why I didn't want her to go alone to my brother,could her have influenced her to change her will as he dashed to her solicitor to get all her paper work from the solicitor and the solicitor wouldn't let me see the copy of her will on instructions from my brother.I FEEL THAT THERE COULD HAVE BEEN SOME INFLUENCE AS HE IS A VERY JEALOUS MAN.

Dear Vivien,

It sounds as if your brother manipulated this who thing in order to STEAL from you what is rightfully yours.

You must hire a good solicitor. Many solicitors will take a certain percentage or portion of the estate if it has any value instead of charging you money for their services. If there is a considerable amount involved then you can get a top solicitor.

If not you can still find a solicitor to help you. With the old will and her medical records, and the testimony and proof of your care for her, you can possibly get a court to overturn this will. It is worth trying so that you can see to it that your mothers' real intentions are honoured, and that this greedy and unscrupulous brother can be prevented from taking what is rightfully yours.

Your mother loved you very much and her wishes must be honoured.

This is the only thing that you can do. You must get a professional to represent your interests.

I wish you great success and pray that justice will be done.

Warm regards

Elliott Sewell, LPCC, NCC, CCMHC
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank-you very much for all your kindness and I apologise for the in depth mail I have sent you but I get upset when people and my brother lie about me especially when my brother???? lies behind my back which he has done on quite a few occasions.I was upset and worried about my Mother but she thought that my brother was supposedly helping her but didn't realise that he was in fact munipulating her to get what he wanted.I found this out when I was persuaded to go to Australia by my Mother and then I rang home to have my brother come on the phone to say he had got the flat where I was living and the 2.6 million pound house in Holland Park.I am disgusted with what my brother has done to my Mother and now she has been betrayed by him .I have never trusted him and I had an awful time when I was younger and had to lock myself up in a bathroom to get away from him for fear that one day he might hit me too hard.He was very jealous of me when I was a baby because my father picked me up and pushed him aside when he came to him.My brother also waited in his mini car when he was a boy for my father and my father went straight passed him and picked me up and gave me cuddles instead so it helped to full my brother's hatred of me and jealousy.I knew that if my brother had sole excutor then I was in deep trouble and sure enough it has happened what with the neighbour's gossiping because he asked them to watch me not because he cared .I thank-you for giving me your time and reading what I have put in this to you.I haven't spoken to my brother for two years because he said that is it when my Mother was dying in the hospital and the next day he was making funeral arrangements and she died that evening at seven thirty.I feel guilty at times because I didn't get her dry shampoo for her hair and also cotton nighties as she must have been very hot in the fleece ones that she picked when we discussed which ones she wanted and I then went to get them.I am sorry I have gone on about this but I hope that you will see that I need some medical clarification because of these nasty rumours that are untrue .Thank- again for your patience .

Dear Vivien,

Thank you so much for getting back to me.. I urge you to be very calm and collected. What your brother may be trying to do is to make you upset. He wants you to repeat what he has said to you, and he will then deny it, in an attempt to make you look bad. If you have to go to court over this, dress very nicely and let your lawyer do the talking. Don't say anything that you can't prove. The old will that your mother wrote will be important. The date that she changed the will when compared to her medical record will also be important.

If you have any witnesses or family members who will speak in your favour, make sure to get their testimony or sworn affidavit.

Do not feel guilty over any little things concerning your mother, such as the dry shampoo. You were an outstanding daughter who cared for her in her moment of need. Any witnesses to this are also important to have.

Work closely with your attorney and make sure that he fights to win. This injustice must be overturned.

Please remember to leave me positive feedback. Thank you so much. I will keep you in my prayers.

You are upset because you are being victimised by your brother. Yes you have situational anxiety caused by his behaviour. However, you are mentally sound and fit in my estimation.

Warm regards,

Elliott Sewell, LPCC, NCC, CCMHC

Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience: 35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have written to the solicitor who is dealing with my Mother's financial side of the estate.I have heard through the wall that someone is calling me disillusional as the people next door are working for my brother .I don't know who said this but I think it sounds very like my brother because of the Asperger's sydrome accusation that he wrote to my solicitor about which is rubbish.Could anyone who has my national insurance number get any medical history if their were an ex nurse or something like that.Well every time I get a solicitor my brother rings them up and has a nice little chat with them and then I lose .If some one is a non registered carer do they have any rights as I looked after my Mother and lived with her in my brother's house for nine years with his consent but it changed after her death I was taken to Court by him.There is a secret that everyone around here is talking about and they say shall we tell her and other's say that they should but I don't know what the secret is could it be that I didn't have to move from the house and carers do have a certain right or something.Thanks again for the answer back I apoligise for all the questions .

DearCustomer

Sometimes in times of stress we can get delusional because that is what stress can do for us. Perhaps it is time to check with your physician as you may to lower some of this stress as it is hurting you.

Warm regards,

Elliott Sewell, LPCC, NCC, CCMHC

PLEASE BE KIND ENOUGH TO GIVE ME POSITIVE FEEDBACK FOR ALL OF THE WORK I HAVE DONE FOR YOU. WITHOUT IT I DO NOT GET ANY CREDIT.

THANK YOU ! ! ! !

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I thank-you for the texted Well the people who say I am delusional are not doctor's.I have never been diagnosed with any symptoms of this kind and never will be.

Dear Vivien,

I am so glad to hear this.

Thank you for your support.

Warm regards,

Elliott