Bill
Bill, LCSW, Consultant, Expert Witness
Experience:  35 years treating individuals, couples, families with mental health and substance abuse prob's
48585111

i am a meth addict trying to quit on my own, i was wondering

i am a meth addict trying to quit on my own, i was wondering if their is anything i can do for the anxiety and cravings im experiencing
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Bill replied 1 year ago.

Bill :

Hello- Thank you for asking the question. I have over 30 years of experience working with individuals, couples and families & am happy to reply.

Bill :

I am sorry to hear about this problem.

Bill :

Are you available to chat now?

Customer:

yes

Bill :

How much Meth have you been using?

Customer:

daily for years

Bill :

Okay and how long have you been trying to wean off?

Customer:

three days

Bill :

I understand- with meth withdrawal you typically start two experience withdrawal in a couple of days.

Bill :

This is something that can me helped by taking the SSRI type medications that ease the anxiety and tension.

Bill :

Do you have a Doctor?

Customer:

a therapist

Bill :

If you have been addicted for years you are going to need medical assistance to wean off this safely-

Customer:

do i have to go the dr.

Customer:

my work wants me to admit myself into treatment

Bill :

This can be done through the mental health center in your area. They have doctors at the MHC that can help with this.

Bill :

If you can do this that is the best thing- do you have insurance coverage?

Customer:

yes

Bill :

Are you willing to go into detox in a medical facility?

Bill :

This is the best thing you can do.

Customer:

i have a dog and i dont want her to think i left her

Customer:

my husband died and i had to give my other dog away

Bill :

If you give me your Zip Code I will be happy to identify treatment resources to help you with this

Customer:

55434

Bill :

okay- hold just a second- I am a dog person too- I understand-

Bill :

IF I were you I would contact Hazelden Drug Rehab- they are one of the best programs in the country.

Bill :

Are familiar with Hazelden?

Customer:

yes, would it be long term

Customer:

how long do they make you stay

Bill :

They have a variety of programs - detox is not long term and they have follow up treatment and programs to meet everyones needs. They are excellent. It is voluntary so they don't make you stay-

Bill :

My guess is that you would go in for a couple of days -get proper evaluation and then be followed as an outpatient

Customer:

i can leave if i want

Bill :

• 680 Stewart Ave.

• St. Paul, MNNNN-NN-NNNN/li>

• 800-257-7810 available 24/7

• 651-292-2400

• 651-227-1599 fax

Bill :

Yes- you could leave if you wanted.

Customer:

thanks

Bill :

I would call them now and tell them your story-

Bill :

They will help you. They are the best-

Customer:

thankyou

Bill :

You are most welcome

Bill :

PLEASE LEAVE POSITIVE RATING

Bill, LCSW, Consultant, Expert Witness
Experience: 35 years treating individuals, couples, families with mental health and substance abuse prob's