Ask Eleanor
Ask Eleanor, Psychotherapist
Experience:  Marriage & Family Therapist/Prof. Counselor for 20 years
57558633

I hate life. It is nothing but pain and loss. The only reason

Customer Question

I hate life. It is nothing but pain and loss. The only reason I don't commit suicide is for my sons, and I am afraid of Hell. But mostly I wish I would get sick and die. I am angry and jealous of people in my famile who have heart disease and cancer. I am jealous of them and I think they are lucky. I am afraid I will live to be 110 while everyone around me gets to die. Do I have munchausen syndrome?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Ask Eleanor replied 4 years ago.

Ask Eleanor :

Hello, I am here for you and am happy to respond. Give me a moment to carefully read over and consider your question.

Ask Eleanor :

I am sorry to hear you are feeling that life is not really worth living. They symptoms you are describing are those of Clinical Depression, not Munchausens. A person with Munchausens will make their children sick in some way in order to take them to the doctor to get attention for themselves. Are you doing this?

As there were some technical problems with our chat, I have switched to the Question & Answer mode. I will await your reply.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No I do not hurt my children ever, only myself. I cut myself though and bang my head, because I hate myself. And I hide it so know one will know how crazy I am. My sons are the only reason I am still alive i think

I am sorry to hear that you are hurting yourself. You need treatment to get better from your depression. A therapist will not judge you, but listen with compassion and help you heal. Have you considering finding a therapist for yourself?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes i made an appointment but cant get in till thursday

Good that you have made the appt; that's a big step! I know that right now Thursday seems a long way away, but I hope you will be okay until then. Let me know if you need anything further from me. If not, I would very much appreciate your submitting a positive rating for my answer to your question and assurance that you do not have Munchausens. I wish you healing, take care of yourself, Eleanor