DrFee
DrFee, Psychologist
Experience:  I help people overcome anxiety and enjoy life again.

what is the treatment for dissoiated.i want chat please

Category: Mental Health
Expert:  DrFee replied 1 year ago.

DrFee :

Hello! Please remember that my response is for information only, we are not establishing a therapeutic relationship.

DrFee :

Hi --are you talking about DID or a related disorder?

Customer:

hi

Customer:

how are you?

DrFee :

I'm fine, thanks! How are you today?

Customer:

good

Customer:

i am sure now i have dissoiated

Customer:

and when i get out my house it goes away,because trauam happend here

Customer:

10 guyes try to attackme 5 years ago

Customer:

my q is

Customer:

i used to take 1 tablet of remeron before emdr

DrFee :

That is horrible --no wonder you are having dissociation!

Customer:

but after i did 8 sessions

Customer:

of emdr with hypnosis

Customer:

i start living the trauama more and more and more

Customer:

i feel that emdr make my fear up to the surface

Customer:

i make problem with the theripest because he was not good person

Customer:

and stopped emdr

DrFee :

I'm sorry to hear that! Your therapist should be someone you can trust!

Customer:

but now i feel the anixety increase

Customer:

i feel everyone want to attck me

Customer:

i feel all people want that

Customer:

i feel the fear come on the surface

Customer:

i know emdr should help me

Customer:

how this happend?

DrFee :

I think we have chatted before ---weren't you going to move to Canada?

Customer:

yes

Customer:

so i want to know what to do

DrFee :

Do you have a new therapist?

DrFee :

It sounds like you stopped in the middle of EMDR...before everything was processed through

Customer:

ok

DrFee :

That can be the most difficult place to stop, because then you are have the elevated fear, symptoms, etc.

Customer:

so this is common?

DrFee :

Yes --EMDR can initially elevate the symptoms before they get worked through --because you've "stirred things up" without completing the entire process. Can you find another EMDR therapist where you are?

Customer:

are you sure?

Customer:

but he was doing emdr with hypnosis

Customer:

so do i need emdr

Customer:

or emdr with hypnosis?

DrFee :

I have not heard of someone mixing the 2 like that --just focus on finding a good therapist, one that can help you first process through what you experienced with this guy.

DrFee :

Then you can evaluate which might be better for you --hypnosis or emdr

DrFee :

Although it seems to me, that you started emdr, it would be good to finish it unless a there's a compelling reason not to --which a good therapist should be able to explain to you if that's the case.

Customer:

i see

Customer:

but he take too much money from me

Customer:

he did 20 sessions

Customer:

and all of them was about 5

Customer:

so i want to know usuelly how many sessions it needed?

Customer:

what is the range?

DrFee :

That varies so much depending on the trauma and other factors --the range is one (minor, single incident trauma) to years (ongoing childhood abuse). When dissociation is occurring, therapy is generally longer term.

Customer:

i see

Customer:

ok then in canada

Customer:

first i have to find a theripest

Customer:

then what?

Customer:

i need what?

DrFee :

Above all, you need someone that you can trust and build a good working relationship with.

DrFee :

Focus on that

DrFee :

Their assessment of your situation and recommended treatment plan should make sense to you.

DrFee :

You need safety and help coping with the dissociation.

DrFee :

Then you can focus on finishing processing the trauma --in whatever form that takes.

Customer:

ok

Customer:

i see

Customer:

do you recommend someone there?

DrFee :

I don't know anyone in Canada --you could try looking on the websites www.psychologytoday.com, www.therapytribe.com, or on the emdr website, www.emdr.com

Customer:

ok

Customer:

i see

Customer:

thank you

Customer:

very much

DrFee :

You are welcome! Best wishes to you!

Customer:

thank you

DrFee, Psychologist
Experience: I help people overcome anxiety and enjoy life again.