Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

Dear Dr. Keane, Just a very quick message

Customer Question

Dear Dr. Keane, Just a very quick message as I know all about the storm and the effects, so don't expect you will get it until power is back etc. which I am aware may take some time. I just wanted to take time to say that I hope that you have managed to stay safe and survive the storm. I also hope that you managed to get the batteries you wanted for the lantern you told me about. I hope it hasn't got too cold and that the clear-up process can begin and that things can get back to normal soon. Lots of prayers have been said in the UK for the East Coast, especially NJ and NYC as it's all looked very serious. Updates about the storm in different areas and towns in these states has been all over the news here about places like Manhattan and Summit, as well as a few others. I really hope we get the opportunity to talk again soon ie when things are back to normal over there, but wanted as I said to send you a message for whenever you get power and internet access again. I hope you get this at some point and are able to respond.

Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Keane replied 1 year ago.

Dr.Keane :

Hi, I am on "borrowed" power so I can't stay online. We are not use to such severe weather and I was gasping as I tried to get to town (all of two miles, one hours) the devastation is surreal. I believe this is a good lesson about "control", how we have illusions of what we can control, well mother nature fixed that!. ..Told we will not have power for a week to 10 days, usually my office doesn't lose power but this time the street my office is on is out. Hopefully that will be back before long..... My son lost two cars and his home was flooded. But they are fine, young and will recoup, and that's what matters. He lives next to a town that was destroyed, they are 2 miles from the beach and the surge was so strong, within an hour his home was filled with three feet of water. So will speak to you when I have more "power time". Thanks for asking.

Customer :

Hi, I am so glad to hear from you and that you are surviving and still alive. Thank you for letting me know. It all sounds and has looked terrible from the news coverage we have seen and now too from what you are saying. I remember when it was Hurricane Irene and you said to me you managed to get to your office for power. That just shows that it really is bad that you have no power even there....I guess no one can control mother nature....I hope that your son does manage to recoup and eventually get his house back together, 3 feet is a lot of water and a lot of damage. A bit surreal and scary, I imagine for him to be so close to a town which was destroyed, so, glad for you all that he's still alive though, even if his cars aren't.....I too hope that power comes back before long too as it's probably already been a long time that it's been out for you all, and as you say, surreal too with all the damage that's been done since it's well known that the weather just isn't normally as bad as this storm on the East Coast; even travelling around sounds hard. I wish you all well and hope that you and your family in their various places are able to keep safe and keep surviving the after effects. Okay, speak to you when you get more "power time" and thanks for letting me know this info and I wanted to ask about it, so you are very welcome!