Bill, LCSW, Consultant, Expert Witness
Experience:  35 years treating individuals, couples, families with mental health and substance abuse prob's

I am on Zoloft 50 mg for anxiety and anxious thoughts, it helps

I am on Zoloft 50 mg for anxiety and anxious thoughts, it helps but I have been having break throughs and have been extremely tired and no libido, do you think I can start Wellbutren and at what dose? Also can you drink alcohol with Wellbutren
Hello- Thank you for asking the question. I have over 30 years of experience working with individuals, couples and families & am happy to reply.

I am sorry to hear about these side effects you have experienced with Zoloft.

Many people do switch from Zoloft to Wellbutrin under medical supervision. Typical dosages for Wellbutrin (which as you know is an antidepressant that is also used for treating anxiety) is 100 mg 3 X per day. There is also Wellbutrin SR (sustained release) that is taken at 150 2 X per day.

Talk to your Doctor about what is best for your unique metabolic needs.

You can drink alcohol with Wellbutrin at mild to moderate levels although alcohol consumption levels is something that you should discuss with your prescribing Physician.

If you have additional questions, feel free to ask- I am happy to help.

Kindest regards, Bill

-follow up questions- no additional cost-

Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Do you think I should first increase my dose of Zoloft for the break throughs or try just adding Wellbutren and can Wellbutren get rid of the sexual side effects?

Do you already have a RX for Wellbutrin?

You should wean off 25 % of Zoloft per week while increasing Wellbutrin to therapeutic dose as recommended by your Doctor.

Kind regards, Bill