Bill
Bill, LCSW, Consultant, Expert Witness
Experience:  35 years treating individuals, couples, families with mental health and substance abuse prob's
48585111

I am a very anxious person and have tachycardia. I did well

I am a very anxious person and have tachycardia. I did well on diazepam 10mg tid, and propanolol 20mg bid (all were prn) Most doctors I have found no longer prescribe diazepam, but want to prescribe Xanax and propanolol. That doesnt work well for me. Where can I buy these without a Rx legally?
Hello- Thank you for asking the question. I have over 30 years of experience working with individuals, couples and families & am happy to reply.

The most simple answer to your question is that you cannot get any of these medications without a prescription and although you may find online pharmacies that will provide these medications- they are not to be trusted.

All Benzodiazapines are heavily regulated by the FDA and DEA as they are addictive, subject to abuse and sold illegally. This is why the DEA controls what Doctors can write and why Valium is a red flag when prescribed. These include:

Alprazolam (Xanax) – approved for GAD, panic disorder; used off-label for agoraphobia with social phobia
Chlordiazepoxide (Librium) – approved for anxiety (in general)
Clonazepam (Klonopin) – approved for panic disorder; used off label for anxiety (in general)
Diazepam (Valium) – approved for anxiety (in general)
Lorazepam (Ativan) – approved for anxiety disorders (in general)
Oxazepam (Serax) – approved for anxiety (in general)

Benzodiazapines are only for short term anxiety relief and if you have an anxiety disorder you should talk to your doctor about an alternative such as:

Citalopram (Celexa) –off label for panic disorder, social phobia and trichotillomania
Duloxetine (Cymbalta) – approved for generalized anxiety disorder (GAD)
Escitalopram (Lexapro) – approved for GAD
Fluoxetine (Prozac) – approved for OCD and panic disorder
Fluvoxamine (Luvox) - approved for OCD in children (8-17 y) and adults
Paroxetine (Paxil) – approved for obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), panic disorder, social phobia, GAL and posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Sertraline (Zoloft) – approved for panic disorder, PTSD, social phobia and OCD
Trazodone (Desyrel) – off label for panic disorders
Venlafaxine (Effexor XR) - approved for GAD, panic disorder and social anxiety disorder in adults

BotXXXXX XXXXXne- Every prescription for a Benzodiazapine is subject to monitoring by the DEA and there is no means by which you can obtain the medications you identify without a legitimate prescription.

Consider, with your Doctor, one of the other medications that are very effective in treating Anxiety disorders.

If you have additional questions for me, please ask, I am happy to help.

Kind regards,

Bill

PLEASE LEAVE POSITIVE RATING NOW..
Thank you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I cannot take the antidepressants.

Ann-

As you probably know, one cannot safely stop taking Benzodiazapines without risking severe withdrawal reactions.

If you have a long standing anxiety disorder there are other medication besides antidepressants that treat anxiety. Example: Buspar
www.drugs.com/buspar.html

You should talk to your Doctor (Preferably a Psychiatrist) about what might be best suited for your unique metabolic needs.

If you need help locating someone, simply respond with your Zip Code and I will be happy to search for Experts in your area.

Kind regards, Bill