Jean, Psychotherapist
Experience:  Masters degree in counseling, Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)

emdr for ptsd,chat please

emdr for ptsd,chat please

Jean N/20pluscounts :

Hello, I can assist you with your question.

Jean N/20pluscounts :

Sorry to keep you waiting.

Jean N/20pluscounts :

I am an emdr therapist and may be able to answer your question.

I'm sorry I missed you. Did you have a particular question about emdr?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes,i have did after a atruama,i did emdr but things get worse,it is like fear emerge to the surface,i dont know why!!!

so do i have to cointunio emdr or no?

usuelly how many sessions it need for dissioated identity disorder?

and can i recover from truama by emdr?

Things in a sense can feel worse before they get better. It's not uncommon that you would "re experience" this as you go through the emdr process. You do not need to continue emdr but you do need to work with a therapist to feel less afraid. Maybe the therapist can use other methods of treatment to lessen your fear and anxiety. If you are still working with an emdr therapist ask if they can use a different treatment. Even if you just take a break from the emdr. It needs to be your choice if you want to continue with emdr. It's not going to be very beneficial if you are "forced" to continue. A big part of emdr is teaching you techniques to lessen anxiety, cope with the discomfort, find ways to feel safe, at peace. Dissociative Identity is more challenging, can take more sessions than more "simple" trauma. You are likely being treated for a major trauma "big T". You can recover from trauma with emdr. It can take time. It is ideal if in between sessions you can consult with the therapist because what you describe is not uncommon. It's also not uncommon with emdr processing that previous traumas are brought up from the past, if there were any from prior/from the past, other than the specific trauma you are being treated for. It is tough work but you can heal, can feel better. I'd encourage a person who is actively doing emdr to stick with it, unless you have not seen a reduction in your trauma symptoms. This is a good discussion to have with the emdr therapist.