DrFee
DrFee, Psychologist
Experience:  I help people overcome anxiety and enjoy life again.
66179016

every time lately that i go out with closed friends for drinks

every time lately that i go out with closed friends for drinks at local pubs or even party at home,I started to feel the need to drink more and more till I get to the point when i turn angry and aggressive against my closest friends.This is completely out of my usual charter as i am normally cheerful,well-center person. the question I want to know is, why I am behaving in this way ? I would really appreciate your answer !
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  DrFee replied 2 years ago.

DrFee :

Hello! Please remember that my response is for information only, we are not establishing a therapeutic relationship.

DrFee :

It sounds like you might be confused about your current difficulties. I'd like to try to help you find some clarity. I am wondering if this is a new problem for you or if you have a history of drinking too much?

Customer:

I have history of drinking problems in past. normally,I do not drink alcohol in the weekday,only in weekend, it does not happen all the time,2-3 times a year

DrFee :

OK, and prior to you drinking too much --are you aware of what you are feeling?

Customer:

just normal stress day

DrFee :

OK, some people drink like that when they are feeling anxious, but it sounds like that's not the case for you.

DrFee :

Here's a screening test you can take for alcohol problems:

DrFee :

http://www.alcoholscreening.org/Home.aspx

Customer:

i wonder is there anythings go wrong with my brain ?

DrFee :

Well, there are different reasons that people start to drink --but then some people (who are prone to alcoholism) are unable to use alcohol properly. It's not a good sign to not be able to stop. Even if you are not an alcoholic, some people's personality changes dramatically when they drink too much.

DrFee :

How old are you and how long has this issue been going on?

Customer:

I am 44 year olds, this problems is going on almost 20 years ago (but it happen sometimes a year)

DrFee :

I wonder if there are issues in your life that you haven't addressed enough --and they come out in the form of anger when you do drink.

Customer:

probably with my mother

DrFee :

I'm sorry to hear that. You know that alcohol lowers inhibitions. We can hold things in really well, but that doesn't mean that they go away. When we drink, those buried emotions can come tumbling out.

Customer:

and I got questions,I think I probably have chemical imbalance

DrFee :

Do you have other mental health issues? Anxiety, depression, experience of trauma, etc?

Customer:

no, madame

DrFee :

So, you think that your brain just responds poorly to alcohol, then?

Customer:

yes

Customer:

is there anyway we continue tomorrow

DrFee :

By the way, there is research support for the idea that some people have the propensity to become more aggressive after alcohol consumption than others --which they think has to do with brain chemistry and childhood experiences. T

DrFee :

Sure

DrFee :

We can continue tomorrow.

Customer:

Thank you very much

DrFee :

You are welcome. I will look for you tomorrow.

DrFee :

I will save and exit our chat. You do not need to rate my answer now, you can wait until we finish.

Customer:

ok ,madame have a bless evening !!!

DrFee :

You too!

Customer:

Hello , is there anybody online ?

DrFee :

I'm sorry that I missed you earlier. Please post a comment or question, and if I'm not immediately online I will answer you when I return.

DrFee, Psychologist
Experience: I help people overcome anxiety and enjoy life again.