Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

Dear Dr. Keane, (live chat)In light of what you said I will

Dear Dr. Keane, (live chat)In light of what you said I will be here as long as I can to chat. I think it may have been more my fault than yours actually, that we missed each other the other day. Hope you've been having a good morning.

Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Keane replied 1 year ago.

Dr.Keane :

Hi, thought I'd see if you were here.

Customer:

Hi

Customer:

I am here

Dr.Keane :

hello

Dr.Keane :

good, how are you doing?

Dr.Keane :

recovered from your trip?

Customer:

I've had better days but I am sure tomorrow will be better again

Dr.Keane :

yes, that is a good way to think

Customer:

Yes, think so. Had a really good time. City breaks are always tiring but good

Dr.Keane :

that they are, the pace can be a bit hectic....

Customer:

well I went at a quicker pace than I'd intended but saw lots

Customer:

I'm just a bit sore today which has got me down a little but just because it's time of month. Taking pain killers that work

Dr.Keane :

well, try and relax a bit.

Customer:

and how are you? I hope you have been having a good week and hope where you are doesn't get too badly damaged by the storms.

Customer:

I have been trying to relax, well, after work I have been anyway. I was busy today, but that was quite a good thing

Dr.Keane :

I was away on business and did not know the extent of what is expected on the east coast. I was a bit surprised at the predictions. Biggest problem for me is power outage. They are predicting a lot of power losses and for a long time....

Customer:

that doesn't sound good.

Dr.Keane :

no, but if it does, it does, nothing I can do about it except leave! As long as it's not cold it will be fine...

Customer:

true

Dr.Keane :

It is very sobering when power if out, makes people realize how much we depend on our "electronics"

Customer:

also true, we really do depend more and more on technology as the years pass by

Dr.Keane :

sure do, but if we didn't have these advances we wouldn't know about this storm so many days in advance! Take the good with the bad ..and vice versa

Customer:

indeed! It is important.

Dr.Keane :

and who knows it could veer east and go out to sea, head in your direction!!

Customer:

it's raining here now, again

Customer:

we do sometimes get tail ends of US storms

Dr.Keane :

Everything else going well for you?

Dr.Keane :

I did get to see call the midwives, the first three not sure if I told you that

Customer:

I think so. Got an appointment for that blood test for thyroid

Customer:

oh you didn't tell me that

Customer:

do you like it?

Dr.Keane :

I did like it very much, I hope it will continue....

Customer:

I wonder if you'll get The Paradise. I've some episodes recorded and seen some. It's a period piece and depicts the first department store. It has some people who were in Lark rise to Candleford

Customer:

good. I am glad that you are enjoying it.

Customer:

I can tell you that there is supposed to be another season of Call the Midwife. Do not know when. When I do I will let you know.

Dr.Keane :

I am glad you got that test....don't be surprised if it comes back "normal" there is a lot of controversy about what constitutes a problem and that the blood test is not all that should be looked at, but I don't remember right now what exactly was said.

Dr.Keane :

or read..

Dr.Keane :

You might want to find a discussion board on thyroid problems but wait until you get the results.

Customer:

have not had the test yet, just got the appointment. I do sort of expect anyway that it should be normal. I don't see why not.

Dr.Keane :

best way to get information is to ask other people who are experiencing the same symtpoms, usually lots of "links" just have to be careful and use the sites as a place to start, not take everything as fact.

Customer:

even initially the dr said that my thyroid should be fine.

Dr.Keane :

best to just wait then....no sense thinking about something that may not be...

Customer:

still. that's useful info you gave all the same.

Customer:

I can't remember off hand when the appt is but I'll let you know when I get the results, if I may.

Customer:

apart from that, then I think things are going okay. Been thinking a bit more about my future too.

Dr.Keane :

of couse you may.....glad things are going well

Dr.Keane :

your future that 's good, making any plans?

Dr.Keane :

not literally but thinking about them?

Customer:

sort of but needs a bit more thought, then I'd like to chat about them

Dr.Keane :

sure, of course. I have to run and get myself a bit organized.....been gone and dog needs some attention!!! lol

Customer:

oh and thank you for getting back to me when I was away too. I appreciated that and thanks also for checking today as well. I'm glad that we managed to chat

Customer:

better look after your dog. What kind?

Customer:

I bet it missed you when you were gone.

Dr.Keane :

and make sure I have lantern batteries! I am guessing the stores are running low if they have any left at all!!! The way people clear the shelves you would think the power was going to be out for a month....never understood why people do that....

Customer:

no don't get that myself.

Customer:

I hope that you manage to get some and get prepared

Dr.Keane :

He's a three yr old pug...and totally attached (of course because I feed him!!) going to go take him out.....talk to you soon. glad you are doing well......

Customer:

It's like at Xmas and people stock up on bread as if the shops are closed for longer than a day

Customer:

oh pugs are so cute. I'd better let you go and tend to your pug

Dr.Keane :

yup! I am sure if I went to the bakery right now it would be bare!!! Guess there isn't much else to do but eat..???? who knows, enjoy the rest of your weekend....

Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience: Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Dear Dr. Keane, Just a very quick message as I know all about the storm and the effects, so don't expect you will get it until power is back etc. which I am aware may take some time. I just wanted to take time to say that I hope that you have managed to stay safe and survive the storm. I also hope that you managed to get the batteries you wanted for the lantern you told me about. I hope it hasn't got too cold and that the clear-up process can begin and that things can get back to normal soon. Lots of prayers have been said in the UK for the East Coast, especially NJ and NYC as it's all looked very serious. Updates about the storm in different areas and towns in these states has been all over the news here about places like Manhattan and Summit, as well as a few others. I really hope we get the opportunity to talk again soon ie when things are back to normal over there, but wanted as I said to send you a message for whenever you get power and internet access again.