TherapistMarryAnn, Therapist
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues.

Is there a possible psychological explanation as to why a person

Is there a possible psychological explanation as to why a person will continuously remember things that happened years ago and laugh about those things as if they just happened now and no matter how much time passes by, it never gets to a point where it's not funny anymore to the person? Thank you for your assistance.

Thank you for your request. I will work on your answer and get it back to you as soon as possible.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Humor is something that scientists have a difficult time explaining. But it is known that people, no matter their race, gender or condition, are able to laugh.

Laughing can be a way to bond socially. It can also be involuntary in most situations. One theory is that people laugh because their brains are hardwired to expect a certain pattern and when that pattern is changed by a joke or twist on the pattern, the brain perceives it differently and therefore finds it humorous.

Because you heard something funny in your past and you responded with laughter because you found it humorous, your brain has decided that hearing this again means the same response. The joke or story still "tickles" your brain in the same way, making you laugh. It brings out the same responses as you had before. You may eventually not find it funny anymore, but that may involve you consciously thinking or deciding that it is no longer humorous and overriding the humor with logic so you don't find it funny anymore.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I need more help, and I think I can perhaps find more of what I am looking for if I ask the following 2 questions: Psychologically, what tends to probably inspire a person to want to be a comedian? And, psychologically, why do many people tend to view comedians in a negative light and think they are immature and all of that? Thank you for your assistance.

Thank you for the request, however, I am unable to assist you with this question so I will open it up to other experts.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

O.K. Did you already do that, and will the other expert respond here in this same exact Q and A chain?

Yes, I already opted out. Any other expert who wants to respond should do so here.