Brad The Therapist
Brad The Therapist, LCPC
Experience:  10 years of experience in working with youth and adults

My question is what to do? and is this ok?I have been seeing

My question is what to do? and is this ok?I have been seeing a nurse practioner in psych for almost three months, i am on latuda 20mg(lowered from 40 because akasthesia) 150 mg zoloft klonopin prn, for anxiety and depression, mixed mood states, well i felt good for a month and had a relapse so she gave me gabitril and i said it made me feel sedated, she called me and told me that all i want is meds and i am not willing to do the work then she cant help me, i am a nice lady but i am wasting my money, i feel abandoned and betrayed is this ok for a therapist to do?

Brad The Therapist :

Thank you for your question, and I can see the frustration this has caused you. Based on your question, the nurse practicitioner is trained only to prescribe medications for symptoms under the supervision of an attending doctor. If you are looking for a therapist, you may need to seek out a psychologist. In terms of the nurse practitioner's response to you regarding medications, unfortunately, this nurse does have the right to not prescribe medications if she felt that the medications will cause more harm than good. Unfortunately, she does not seem to have a nice bedside manner in terms of informing you of this. If this nurse pract is not able to provide the care you are seeking, she should have referred you to another provider.

she says she does therapy also, like new agey stuff, i just cant get out this depression now

since she said what she did

Brad The Therapist :

Although she may say she does therapy, she may not be qualified to do so. How else can I help you at this point?