Dr. Olsen
Dr. Olsen, Psychologist
Experience:  PsyD Psychologist

It has been suggested that I may have PTSD how can I find out

It has been suggested that I may have PTSD how can I find out without spending alot of money as I have no Insurance
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Olsen replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Thank you for writing in JustAnswer.
Let me ask you a few questions first.
Have you had any trauma before?
How are your sleep and appetite?
Please let me know by clicking on “Reply” and I will then craft my response.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Warm Regards,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes was abused physically as a child and sexually, lots of violence seen people killed and am withdrawn from family and hobbys I one time loved. show no emotion towards family members that pass. I have sleep apnea appetite is fine

Expert:  Dr. Olsen replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,
Thank you for your reply.
I'm so sorry to hear what you went through.
You went through a lot. You experienced physical and sexual abuse and violence in childhood. You may have lived in terror.

You must have severe PTSD symptoms – flashbacks and severe anxiety attacks. Your pain is beyond words.

I would advise you to work with a psychologist specialzing in PTSD/trauma, Cognitive-behavior therapy (CBT) and/or EMDR.

The most common treatment modalities for PTSD include cognitive-behavioral treatment (CBT), pharmacotherapy, EMDR, group treatment, and psychodynamic treatment.
You may need to see a licensed psychotherapist who specializes in PTSD. Cognitive-behavior therapy (CBT) and EMDR(Eye Movement desensitization and reprocessing) will work for both PTSD.

You may find a licensed psychologist or psychotherapist who SPECIALIZES IN EMDR and/or CBT and PTSD & Depression in a community clinic, a local hospital or a private office setting.

If you have no health insurance, you can also call The United Way toll free # XXXXX to find the community mental health centers in your area where you can get treatment described above even without health insurance. You can get counseling for free or low fee.

Another way to find a PTSD specialist/psychiatrist in your area is, you can contact any of the following organizations: the Sidran Foundation(NNN) NNN-NNNN Anxiety Disorders Association of America(NNN) NNN-NNNN American Psychological Association(NNN) NNN-NNNN NAMI(NNN) NNN-NNNN

Additionally, you may call the National Center for Victims of Crime's toll-free information and referral service at 1-800-FYI-CALL.

Additionally, I would advise you to try yoga, massage therapy, acupuncture, nutritional therapy, and Biofeedback to reduce stress and anxiety and promote relaxation and healing from trauma.

Please let me know if you have more questions or I have overlooked any. Warm regards,
Dr. Olsen, Psychologist
Experience: PsyD Psychologist