TherapistMarryAnn
TherapistMarryAnn, Therapist
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues.
54658078

I attended a psychaitrist for 23 years. As his patient am I

I attended a psychaitrist for 23 years. As his patient am I qualified to recieving a copu of my records, I took place in the state of Georgia.

Are you asking how to get your records or if you do have the right to get your records?

Thank you,

Kate

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

both

To obtain your records, you can go into the psychiatrist's office directly or call them and ask for a copy of your records.The psychiatrist is allowed to block out any personal notes in your file that he has taken since they are not covered by the right to know law. But otherwise, you can have a copy of your records. The doctor may also want to review them with you, since some of the information may be in technical terms and not easy to figure out.

You do have a right to your records. If you do experience any difficulty with obtaining your records, you can contact an attorney or your local mental health advocates in your county or state for assistance.

I hope this has helped you,
Kate