psychlady
psychlady, Therapist
Experience:  Psychotherapist specializing in the treatment of a variety of mental health issues.
52358615

I WAS IN A HUGE FIGHT WITH MY HUSBAND AND WANTED TO HURT HIM

I WAS IN A HUGE FIGHT WITH MY HUSBAND AND WANTED TO HURT HIM BY HURTING MYSELF SO I PUT HOT WATER ON MY HAND ? I AM A VERY TALENTED MOTHER AND GRANDMOTHER BUT I WAS FIGHTING WITH HIM AND I WANTED TO SPITE HIM,

As you know hurting yourself solves nothing. You have to ask yourself why these thoughts came to mind and what your motive was. Maybe you want his attention and affections and you thought this would lead to him showing caring and concern. Whether this is your motive or not this gesture is a sign that there are serious problems in the relationship. There is a genuine lack of communication in this relationship. You should consider finding a therapist in your area that will see both of you in an attempt to discuss things without fighting or doing anything impulsive. You can always find a couples therapist or any other type by logging onto the American Psychological Association. Your husband needs to commit to this as well. When you decide to self harm you are engaging in a slippery slope that can lead to further problems. End this now by addressing it with a professional

Discuss the need for outside help and accentuate what a counselor could do for your relationship.

Please press positive feedback so I am compensated. Be back later