Steven Olsen
Steven Olsen, Therapist
Experience:  More than twenty years of expertise in counseling, psychological diagnosis and education

hi for steven olsen. i hope all is well with you. rob started

hi for steven olsen.
i hope all is well with you. rob started his new job and its 8 and half hr a day as opposed to his 9 1/2 hr day that hes been doing for the last 10 years. its amazing how much earlier it seems to me.
we barely have timre at night since he gets home 7pm or later every night. rob leaves at 7am and its just a long day really.
he does leave at 6am now but gets home for 530. which is early. tonight im supposed to go and meet jen and the other moms to have dinner and wine. apparently im not supposed to have wine, but i just may have a glass. as it seems i crave alcohol while preg. i know. i dont drink when im not- not b/c im against it, its just well i dotn like it that much and im against drunkeness.
rob thinks its just b/c i cannot have alcohol while im preg that i want it. i dont know to be honest but.. well whatever.
dr a was not in for 2 out of the 3 days and i saw him talking to that nurse rose and they are so doing it, its not funny.
i also found out that rose got into soem very big trouble with narcotics a few months ago.
apparently she didnt waste morphine 5 time they caught. so she got called in and was sneak attacked as they do. the union didnt call her to alert her although they were there for her. i wouldve found out what i was accused of and then said i need to step out to discuss with my union rep.
but the union shudve called her so they could prep her and they could provide a defense. she says she took 2 and 4 to make 6mg so she didnt have to waste.. (from 10mg) i asked if it was in each pts med records charted and it is. so soemthing there didnt make sense to me. they didnt drug test her and her punishment was to be out in triage for 2 months and essentially shes on a thread of losing her job now.
i found this out from terri who had 1st said to me as we were leaving they f**k people at this place and shes not staying past her contract. i was surprised b/c she always seemed happy there. she said shes 6 months out and shes not staying to get screwed. i said i understand who got screwed? she told me alexis a nurse who left prior to her contract owes them 10k (shes a new grad and they trained her for er..) she had a 5 yr 10k contract. so alexis (is stupid as far as im concerned..) left and thought they wouldnt come after her. they cut her a big vac check 8k and change. and she spent it. moved to where my parents live (as these people call it the city!!lol.) and bought furniture and went on vac and whatever. now they want their 10k back. i said she shudve just paid them back. then she told me of rose. she told me after i kind of pulled it out of her and i said you knwo thats all bullshit. why didnt they fire her if they had her? i said either they didnt really have her.. or XXXXX XXXXXkes her and he saved her (i think eeither is a possibility)
she said were not supposed to talk about it. then she said liz youre like an interrogator howd you get that out of me?
i said i didnt really do anything and i wouldnt tell anyone. i said the nurses need to be the white wall of silence and need to be open even if we make a mistake with eeach other so we can rally that nurse. i said we shudnt take the bullshit thats going down. anywhere.
i told her she shud also have an attorney. and she shud look for another job and leave. and not wait to be fired and defend her license b/c theyll report her to the state. i told rob about it and i said i feel like a paranoid nut at this joint anymore. and he said i think u just know better. i told terri we shud all be like you knwo what? were gonna walk. see ya. see how many people want to work at this merry go round of bullshit and abuse. b/c they dont.
anyway i got assaulted my 2nd night in. i had a guy who took soemthing and was standing in the street and wouldnt move. the cops brought him inand they dropped him off in front of my desk. (merry christmas) so he was tripping the light fantastic.. it was busy and crowded and other pts in the er were afraid of him. well i put a line and drew blood and then was switching for it to be an iv. as i did that he jumped off the stretcher at me. luckily jermaine (my become a manager champion) was the one to one observation and if he wanst there im sure i wouldve really been hurt. my belly got bumped and i stumbled backwards but didnt fall. the lab tech who was there also grabbed him back and broke the vials of blood in his hand as i had just handed them to him. he mustev clenched his hand as it happened. along with the guys iv line bleeding everywhere. a security code had been called and they came running. it was a huge response actually and they leather restrained him and a new line was popped by a male lpn who likes to be involved in these type of situations. jermaine kept telling me i wouldnt let him hurt you liz i know youre preg - i said i know jermaine - i appreciate it. the guy was sedated with ativan 2mg iv push haldol 5mg im and 50mg benadryl iv push. it wasnt enough and we had to add
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Camille-Mod replied 1 year ago.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am the Moderator for this topic. Steven is not available right now, but I have sent him a message to follow up with you here, when he comes back online. If I can help further, please let me know. Thank you for your continued patience!

Camille

Expert:  Steven Olsen replied 1 year ago.

It is great to see that Rob has a slightly shorter day. I work for a place that has those shorter hours and it seems so much shorter. That hour makes all the difference.

Look at it this way. If this way 1951 we would be encouraging you to drink a glass of wine here and there. And, look at all those 60's baby boomers who had mothers that drank. They seem alright. (Of course all the LSD and other things makes it hard to tell. I am so bad...sorry.)

Dr a can sure pick em. That nurse Rose sounds like a bad deal...and what the heck about her explanation of the morphine? That didn't even make sense. Why is it that I am not shocked that her and dr a hooked up. You wait and see. He is not as squeaky clean as he comes across. Although it is trite to say...that saying about birds of a feather is an accurate measure of character. If she was not fired they didn't have enough on her, or she had something on Peter which is also a possibility.

And I often wonder at your place of work...it seems so many people are into who did what. I am so convinced that this is a sign of the stress that people go through at your workplace. The running away with vacation money and the hope that they will not pursue; it is all a part of that cycle. It is a burn out factory, and you are all right. If you all banded together and walked at once there would be a such a cry out there that you could hear it where I live. They just bet that you all will not. And based on the stress level, they are placing better odds. It is hard to band together under such circumstances. There is no doubt of that.

I advocate strongly for you to be placed in some better situation, at least until the baby arrives. It is true. They are not going to look out for you. You have to do it yourself. And, you can see that most of the reaction at this hospital is all after the fact. They do not plan; they react to issues, a terrible, terrible sign. Liz, do whatever it takes to get you moved to a better place...you are worth it and they certainly will not do anything unless you throw a fit. (and you should in this case.) Look what happened even with security and a big lpn who likes physical cases. You could be seriously injured. It is just not worth the risk.

Wow, three days off plus one for the baby if I read this correctly. Nice job, and Rob's boss sounds really nice too. Looks like you all hit the social jackpot on this one. Health insurance wise...wow. I will never complain again. You pay a lot and you work for a hospital. Cigna? gads...keep yours. I know about a lot of insurances with my other life in government and I can say that Cigna and anything with N, Mutual, State or Aetna in the name...no way.

I have all three kids in a small condo. There are only regular injuries I can tell you that! But it is a lot of fun. Tomorrow we are supposed to go to Busch Gardens. I hope it is nice. It is Hallo Scream or something like that. All I know is it costs a lot to get in and the park is only open to 6pm. We will see, but thanks for asking. And no more eye injuries. I am all right as rain.

Nah, the comment about dr d not being cute enough to pull off the cranky act...too funny. Actually really funny. I loved it. Dr b, whole new world huh? That is great. At least he didn't go the opposite direction with a quote like...you never, had a friend like, me...Don't think I could deal with that one. Steven

Steven Olsen, Therapist
Experience: More than twenty years of expertise in counseling, psychological diagnosis and education
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hi steve.

just got home from mommy and me gone wild..

it was just the moms of course and colleen came.. she actually looks more preg than me and im 5 weeks ahead.

so i got there ok and the town is pretty nice. colleen lives there. anyway, i busted balls tonight like there was no tomorrow. esp jen.

i kept saying jen bring the baby in from the minivan its 2 hrs already..

to the poor kids awake with a blanket on her head... who r u ? XXXXX XXXXX?

i told her also im a mandated child abuse reporter..

the woman at this olive oil tasting thing asked what we were ? like a friends group and i said oh were a brothel - its a co outing...

then jen said that i was ripping her one and i said jen if i wanted to rip you one youd be hurt right now...

so she said look bitch... i said now now youre not my husband you cant just call me bitch here..

i killed.

as far as rose. shes not a drug addict./ def not. and shes a good nurse. shes a goody goody (seriously) and i actually thought more of her that she wudnt hook up with dr a as much as hed like to..

im kind of surprised. shes a relatively new nurse too.

i honestly dont think she stole morphine. i wonder if she pulled 10mg and forgot to back to waste on occasion... due to ho busy we are. i asked terry she shud look at her protest forms to see if she was overwhelmed those days...

meanwhile rob lost 1500 off his 401k. sigh. i wish he had withdrawn it. anyway he took out the money for us to put deposits on furniture. were getting the bigger couch we decided.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

so tommorrow were going to order the furniture and place the deposits.. it should all be here in 3 to 4 weeks. which seems soon, but well its better sooner than later. i guess i better get rob to start working on how hes going to move everything.

i was supposed to go to cookie baking today, (with mommy and me ) but it had too many people so jen said i cant go. i originally had a drs appt but it got canceled, so its next week. its the sonogram for the 3rd trimester...

so i guess kate and i will stay home due to weather. i feel bad but i cant crash a cookie party.. thats perfect since its indoor, but oh well.

rob emailed eddie (who recommended him for the job "my uncle") and told him his 1st week has gone well and where his desk is etc and eddie said contact his secretary so they can have lunch together next week. i told him he looks like hes the guys son in law now..

do you think eddies doing this for me? or b/c he really likes rob? hes always said nice things about him - like hes a good guy - and liking that hes an engineer.. hes asked several times if rob had a friend for his daughter (whos somehow a train wreck...? i dont know how... hes such a good guy..)

anyway.. its nice that eddies still so involved with rob. my dad got a major kick out of how many days off rob has already and his id badge..

sorry theres only reg injuries with your 3 kids in your face.

when u go to disney i would make sure you have 2 bedrooms. one for the kids and another for you guys. push the dresser up against the door.

as far as dr d and his attitude.. yeah hes def not cute enuff for it.

i told that story to kim and she died laughing

and dr b.. well he shud be out of disney world and on the denver/ vegas side of his long vacation..

im on countdown to maternity leave. 4 weeks left to work...

You sound like you had quite a day at mommy and me. See, I told yo u that you should think about stand up. You are really funny and (good) female comedians are rare.

The brothel joke was the best one of the bunch. That would have made most people swallow their gum.

So, if Rose is so nice, what the heck is she doing with dr a? Now, she could be doing a rebound thing, or simply is easy to deceive, I am not sure. Dr a is bad news and either Rose has made you all think she is a sweet thing, or she is one and is going to get hurt by this narcissist. If that is the case I really feel for her.

The 401 thing is a bummer. But it is better that you have furniture that you really want and it is wiser to get what you want and quality in the first place. That is almost never a mistake. And now would be a great time to plan out how everything is going to look and be moved. You do not want to have to do all that after, or right before, the furniture shows up.

A cookie party? I guess that is okay. But I also know that you were just at a mommy and me thing and I can't say that I do not worry about your health for as much as you drive and push yourself. Perhaps missing a mommy and me event is not so bad.

Eddie? Sometimes gifts just fall into your lap, and trying to figure out why is not worth the energy. I think Eddie decided that he wanted to have a legacy of sorts and I guess Rob is it. Believe me...that is a good thing as relationship makes the business world go round. I know your life does not typically go in that direction, but hey...accept it and yippie!

You obviously only have one child! lol I will give you this same advice about two bedrooms when and if you have three. (I laugh as I write this.) They will push the dresser over and come in...or scream until you respond. We do have two bedrooms. It still doesn't work. You need a security team with three to assure privacy.

Wow, only four weeks to go for leave and the baby. That is something. And I bet you miss dr b. He has been gone a while now. Steven

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hi steve.

we went yesterday to buy the furniture. we got the huge sectional with the 2 recliners.we financed a portion of it.. and we dont owe anything on it now.

i think the thomasville lady was dissapointed that we only got the sectional which was 5k sale btw.

rob argued with me about the coffee table i wanted saying its going to be tto crowded and not enough room with the recliners. i said were not getting end table we need a coffee table. the sectional is 10 feet by 10 feet. there has to be room inside that l shape for a 52inch table.

anyway we got out of there n had lunch (fat preg chicks need to eat)

we drove to another store to price the dining set that was nearby. the salesman seemed nice enough but older..

he had a fresh surgical wound on the right side of his neck to his jawline that to me looked.. well not well done. it was also red and inflamed. after we looked a round the showroom .. it was nicer in the back where they had all the stanley furniture as opposed to this other modern crap that looked like u could break it ina second. even the outside didnt seem nice and i almost balked and didnt go in due to that. it was pretty dead in there...

so the guy gives us the price for the dining set and its 7949. his best price - the other price was 8500.

they told me lead time was 6 to 8 weeks as opposed to the other place was 4. and the other place was going to redo the chairs for me for the cost of the material. the cheaper place didnt do upholstery.

so i finally said to the guy you know i hate to be nosy. but.. and i told him about what i thought of his surgical wound and that he needed antibiotics. he said he tried to follow up with the surgeon but the surgeon wasnt in. and the office he was at for 10 yrs said they didnt have a forwarding number. he just had this surgery in the last 2 weeks and the surgeon left the office. i told him to either call the hosp and say he needs to get in touch with the surgeon or call the partner and see him asap. he said he would. to be honest he didnt seem to be the brightest bulb. hopefully he got the message.

we left and started driving to the other store with the intention of negotiating the price. its in the neighborhood we leased our hondas and the sme neighborhood we want to move to. and yes i admit i liked the store better. the 2 salesguys.. the one at this one seemed to know the stuff better as opposed to surgical wound guy who just seemed out of it.. (the surgical wound guy was like... youre paying cash for this? and are your parents helping you? and this is very expensive...)

ok so we go and i tell rob ill deal with kate you deal with negotiating the price down. so i started picking fabrics and looking at other fabrics already on chairs / sofas.. and kates asleep. i find a beautiful cream colored fabric with a chrysanthym print on it. it was so beautiful i said itd be nice to wallpaper the room with this. it has different cream colors in it and this salesguy was like it goes nice with the chair.. i was worried about the color of course getting ruined and he said theyre going to be scotchguarded and its a thick fabric which it is. he said theyre easy to re upholster too, so in 5 years after the kids are bigger if i need to no big deal.

i agree to the fabric and he prices me $145 to do all 6 side chairs. the end chairs are all leather.

i pretend to want to make sure to give rob a chance to negotiate, but he doesnt and robs big win in all this was he said well i got the guy to knock off the delivery which had already been knocked off. so we paid the 8500 plus the 145 to recover the chairs (which that was a super good price) the other guys price had the delivery knocked off already.

so rob didnt negotiate anything off and wrote the check for the deposit.

oh and the guy helped us figure out for the coffee table which matched the dining set if it would fit. he showed rob if the sectional is this and this and he had us stand there with the actual coffee table he had in stock. and we said well the recliners are here at the ends etc. rob is to mock it up today in the room with the measurements of the console that holds our entertainment crap.

he said if it doesnt work to call and hell take it off the order and we can come back and work something else out. im hoping it will work though.

right now rob is getting a smartphone b/c his old job took his back and he was a week without it.. i said before he switched get a smartphone - he said he didnt need it. i said if the new co wont give it to you just get one. on fri he sent me an email. i think i need a smartphone- i cant check my personal email or go om the internet at the new job. so i said fine get the phone. so hes telling me hell get me a smartphone too. so i said ahh. ok. my phone decided to break while i was out at mommy and me gone wild thur nite - it kept not completing the call and i thought it was the service where i was. well i got outside of our house and tried to call and it didnt work. and then my husband tried to call me - we were standing next to each other and my phone without ringing went straight to voicemail. so i said well great so if u needed me you couldnt get me anyway. and if am trying to call u i have no service. so then the next day he said the thing about the smartphone. then yest after being out all day doing the furniture. we went to 3 stores plus lunch. then i needed to get meat for meatballs and stopped at the new gourmet store he got the meat at last time- i really liked it - but i never went. rob went b/c its next to home depot -( where most gourmet stores are?)

so i said i wanted to see it. its 5pm btw. so we went, you cant just run in and out b/c its huge..

we get its 715 and rob wants to go to the verizon store. i said rob im too tired. really its too much. and kate didnt eat dinner. neither did we. so he opened the trunk of the minvan its all the way up in the air and he lifts kate out of the shopping cart and he bangs the top of her head into the minivan. so kate cried and rob said youre ok youre ok. and hes got her over his shoulder and i look at him and hes like cringing like oh crap. so i look at her and he did hit her on the top which is the hardest part of your head.. she was fine and he put her in the carseat and she has her doll. i go to start the car and brought fragile/ spillable items to the front and kates sitting there with the doll and shes smacking the dolls head inot the window next to her and saying oops sorry. youre ok. and the doing it again and again. i start laughing and rob is like what? and i have him come closer- and he sees it and hes like oh crap. i said yep. she wants a smartphone or soemthing now too.

anyway we spent more than we planned on the furniture and i was like f**k it at the time, but now im like.. oh crap...

we put the deposits so we cant change and i dotn know if im just having like post big expenditure jitters...? we essentially have no money for the maternity leave soemhow due to being soemwhat overbudget and then on top of it the loss of money out of it and penalties that he has to pay to withdraw it...

i called my mom and told her we got the furniture and she seemed not impressed really. she said oh my god when i told her we went to thomasville and got the leather sectional.

then i told her i didnt like the thomasville dining room sets and got a stanley set and its the dark wood etc... we talked for about 20 min and she was like well good luck with your new furniture..

oh well. i thought shed be more enthused, but i shudnt be shocked. it seems to me that my mom does the opposite that i expect - like when i dotn expect her to be happy or overly she is and when i think she be happy ... well.. shes not.

Well, finally back from vacation. That time sure flies fast as you know. Now it is all just a distant memory.

I think you'll like the larger sectional, even if it does come with some issues as far as a need to measure exactly where it goes and so on. But you bought what you wanted and this is the whole point of this. Better to buy what you wanted than be sorry later.

Maybe it is your way with words, but the furniture salesman with the fresh and inflamed surgical scar; that sounded like a description of a Halloween haunted furniture store. And, look at you...always the nurse, trying to help this guy out. It sounded like he had his surgery in a back alley or something. gag.

But the comment he made about you not having money or that your parents were helping you out. What the heck was that about? That is extremely inappropriate. Price or not I would not have purchased from him just for the age related digs. I mean, the guy is a furniture salesman. It isn't like he hasn't seen people from all walks of life buy things before. I am sure he has had many young couples purchase decent furniture. Weird.

Rob sounds like he is and will be the engineer in the family. He doesn't sound like the priceline Shatner negotiating type. I think you are going to be stuck, rather permanently it seem, with the job of knocking the prices down. Delivery is usually thrown in there as an easy bargaining chip. I really do not think he made that happen, I hate to say...

Did the "at home" measurements work for the coffee table?

Okay, the Kate's head into the minivan hatch is not funny, at first. (I have been Rob in this situation so I know.) But what Kate said afterward was great. That is a sense of humor, not just modeling things she saw and she is so funny. She must get that gene from you. What a hoot. I think that is the funniest thing I heard in a week. And you with the you now need a smart phone comment. Well, that is just you to a perfection. With two women in the home; Rob needs a boy to balance that out. Wow. He will be dead otherwise. He doesn't stand a chance.

Look, you will always have money issues. It is hard not to at the stage of life you are both in. But I will tell you that investing in good quality stuff does pay off, and if you didn't have somewhat of a fear factor when you bought stuff this expensive...well, that would worry me. The fact that you are like, holy crap what have we done? That is a great sign. You will be okay. Rob is working. You won't be rolling in it and you might have to cut back for a while, but that is normal. He has an income and although it will not make things cushy by any means while you are off...at least he will be working and money will be coming in.

I am sure that your mother was not supportive of anything you did with the furniture. Did you really expect her to be so? I am shocked she didn't just plain out say that you made a huge mistake and coupled that with something like; horror and despondency will follow your selection of a leather couch. (all the ghosts of those slain cattle.) Really...she is just being herself, and I think, jealous at a certain level. Share joy with those who will be joyful with you. She will not. It is not in her nature. Steven

Did you get a smart phone yet for Rob and resolve your phone issues? You really need to have a working phone!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hi steve.

back from vac? its been 10 days? wow.

so everyone made it out alive? thats good. and i kept forgetting to mention.. you took the kids out of school for this? it doesnt bother me but surprises me that you would.. do you say pfront - kids are missing school? or do you kill off aunt tilly and pretend it all a big shock? my parents killed off a great aunt for us one year when we went to disney. it was our only time. it was also in oct.

anyway, the sectional seems kind of big for the room and yes im concerned it will look too big. i said to rob lets get the smaller one once we did the real floor measurement. rob said the smaller one wont do us much good and we may as well egt the bigger one. its weird how robs been pushing for stuff - i said its 6 inches on each side.n wwitching the rooms.

the coffee table fits the prob is the one wall where the sectional goes to the front of the room and the entertainment center

you ant open the drawer to this thing and itooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo did ts

i have exhaustion on my side after working om all this...

i wasnt out in triage.. b/c maybe peter hates me/ dotn know.

also saw dr b. he came on over and h ewass tellin g me out of everyone there i was the only person he truly missed. i sadi oh yeah wht about dr a? he said no no.. it was you i missed.. he had his hand on ym back.. dr a arrived and said oh ive been taking good care of liz.. dr a mentioned he told dr b that i cud sit in the doc box - i told them thats no point at this point...

then dr a said oh we shud get you a motorized scooter.. i said i dont think thats the answer...

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

sorry for my lines of o. i kept deleting after dozing off but they wouldnt all go away.

as far as my mom.. i thought shed be like freaking finally- rob and i will be together for 10 yrs in a few months and i wouldtghink she would think its about time that i have furniture. or the 4 yrs in the house with empty rooms and junky stuff..

she seemed to think that when we had gotten the new doors/ moulding etc of work done...

i guess maybe shell like it more when she comes to see it. or if she doesnt that s a big fat too bad.

robs coming with me to the hi risk ob this thursday =- itll be the 1st sono hell be seeing since he can make it.. his other job he couldnt..

im kind of worried about it since we havent seen the baby in so long and now the baby is bigger.. what if they see something more pronounced or something? we also have to check the babys kidney due to that fluid thing around his kidney.. i hope its resolved.

this sat is dr bs bday - he invited me to the club but i somehow have 2 other parties. can u believe that/ i never have a party to go to... we have my friends annual halloween party plus kates godmothers bday party.

tonight work is throwing dr b a bday party...

we werent eligible for both phones to be upgraded. so i was and i let rob upgrade his phone and then give me his old phone and put my number on it so i have his phone.. i dont really like it but the phone works...

and rob def didnt knock the price down for the furniture. he cant complain cuz well ill tell him hey thats the price he got...

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hey steve one more thing..

rob has been all over me... i mean weve been having sex - not as often as sometimes (like when im not pregnant..) also sometimes i guess out of fatigue i fall asleep early...and we dont. although weve been doing some 2am middle of the night sex..

anyway, i dont know if its weird hes so into wanting sex, or its like were just in a romantic thing right now? b/c were having a new baby?

or robs trying to have sex b/c for 6 weeks we wont be?

(at least..)

anyway i guess my question would be whats your take on all this?

The sex question: There is an interesting thought on this. One, is that shortly after pregnancy hormones released into a woman's body make her more attractive, more curvy, sexy...encouraging the male to stick around. Near the end of pregnancy, sex pheromones are thought to increase, increasing male sex drive and desire. So either its that, or buying furniture makes him get in the mood or he is really into pregnant women as a lot of guys are. Most men are not die hard romantics, but a lot love the last part of pregnancy as that just simply turns them on sexually. My vote would be on that one.

I do yank my kids out of school. We time it for a school break (teacher in service and so on so its not as bad usually...and we get all of their work together, and they do some each night and in the car. My wife and I, except for the advanced algebra, can teach this stuff anyway so they are usually in good shape when they return. Plus they have to go somewhere educational which we always do and they have to write reports on what they learned.

The sectional at six inches on a side is a tight fit, but you have to think of how it will be used and how it looks as well. For what you are paying and investing getting the right thing is best vs just getting it.

Dr b is back. That is nice, and he clearly missed you. Do you not feel so incredibly well loved by Dr a that he said he took good care of you? (When did that happen exactly...aside from his one bizarre stance on getting you in to the doc box?) And a motorized scooter? That is not nice to say. I think he meant well enough, but that is insulting.

Mom and the furniture. The more you want her to be on your side the less she will be. It is typical of (and I debate saying this) borderline personalities. These folks give support on odd things, and often on big issues of support (where it is expected) it is huge ho-hum. Mom has some of these traits.

A recommendation by people who work with BPD is to work the emotional part of the disorder to your favor. Simply, acting unaware and rather "dumb" seems to make "normal" come out of these folks. The more you act competent and aware the more they criticize and/or withhold support. Acting as if you are clueless may actually cause her to be a bit more normal with you, at least for a while.

In all truth: You have a much better chance of having a healthy baby than not. And all mother's (normal ones) worry like this. It shows you care. I am thrilled that Rob will be with you on this sonogram. You could use the support and I would encourage you to say things positively, not negatively, about the sonogram and the baby. It is doubtful, very much so...that anything is wrong. Technology brings about its own issues and sometimes knowing details is not worth a hill of beans. My daughter was supposed to be retarded and my son was "fine". She is a genius and he struggled for a while. They just do not know. Sonograms are good for the magna issues and the more minor ones..either it will not be seen or there will be nothing.

Don't you just love it when someone has a party you want to attend and your whole calendar is open except for that date. Murphy's law is so real.

At least you have a working phone! No going into labor on the way to the supermarket and not being able to reach someone...Let me know how dr b's party goes. Steven

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hi steve..

dr b has been in a good mood.. i think prob b/c he was on vac... and then he was super thrilled with the party thrown for him.. he took pics and i kind of ducked out.. not wanting to be on facebook, or anything else essentially 9 months preg.. i remember being 9 months with kate and not feeling too huge and then seeing a pic of myself at my shower which was thrown pretty close to the end of my preg that i was freaking out at what would i have or not? and i was biiiggg. so im guessing im big now too n just somehow dont feel it.

i mean dont get me wrong im winnie the pooh. if i drop something.. well its gone. cuz im not bending over for it...

he gave me a squeeze with one hand around me lower back when i said surprised? he smiled big and said yes this great..

i needed my eye form filled out for the dmv... so i said dr b could u fill this out? he said yeah lets just bring u over n do the eye exam. now heres the thing.. im afriaid i would not pass the 20/40 w/o corrective lenses. i had lasik eye surgery yrs ago n had the special form filled out saying i did to get the corrective lenses thing removed. except its been 8 yrs or more n now i go to renew online and it says i need to go to the dmv.. (where ill memorize the chart n if u think im kidding im not..) or to an eye dr.. or any physician. so i said... look if u dont fill this out ill have to ask u for a ride to work.. and he did fill out the form.. i said nothing like extortion... he laughed and said oh thats why u couldnt drive. so i said no... thats not why. if it was id still not be driving........

he said well u did ask nicely..

he made some other comment about me n i said i thought u didnt like preg chicks... (wait for the bullshit here it comes..) he said before u .. i didnt like them... but u preg... thats a diff story...

i said wow look at u the bullshitter... he smiled big and i dont know if that was confirmation that yes he does not like preg chicks...

dr a didnt speak too much with me except when he reached in between me n dr b to get purell it was like pretty intimate.. i said something like whoa whoa.. i mean buy me a glass of wine 1st.. and he was laughing.

rob. i dont think he likes buying furniture. honestly. i think hes more excited than he admits that the house will look better but he said his main concern is that its going to be comfortable.. which he seems to believe it will be b/c hes sat o the couch and on all these big well appointed dining room chairs..

hes saying to get the 6 inch on either side smaller will not make too big a difference n we shud stick with the larger sectional. we wont be able to open a drawer on the entertainment center.

he drew it up on the computer and showed it all mapped out and drawn.. i feel like you cant tell until youre in the room seeing all this stuff. the sectional didnt seem that big but according to the saleswoman the showroom is so big without walls and its hard to tell how big stuff s.... i guess. i hope this isnt all a huge mistake. i was kind of surprised he pushed for the bigger since rob is not the type to go for more, i usually am. maybe hes doing it to be contrary.

as far as the sex thing.. i guess it cud be the preg thing. i feel like hes been romantic with getting the furniture n stuff..

meanwhile i was partnered with crazy joy last nite. i thought i noticed she was limping or something... well by 2 hrs into the shift she fell n twisted her knee in the supply room. we had to haul her off the floor into a wheelchair n bring her to a room. i took her as a pt plus her pts. her knee was swollen n to me well i think she hurt herself prior to the shift n "pretended' it was on the job. i said nothing n just moved on.

i mentioned it to jen the redhead n she said you know i thought she was walking funny n she said oh i had to pull up my pants... the swelling seemed to be too large for the amt of time it took to get her to her room, to but again.. whats the diff? she has the week off now.,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

meanwhile all afternoon i tried sleeping.. i kept waking from noise or being uncomfortable. n im all wound up b/c i have a bad assignment.. and peter didnt put me in triage once this week. all the same assignments as usual. im really pissed about it. and not looking forward to going to work tonight. have to b/c we need the money and i have no time.

Dr b really seemed to appreciate his party..and you would not be the first pregant woman to duck a photo op. My wife did, often. Who wants to see pictures of yourself pregnant anyway?

So, you are a lasik decliner...I though for many years to have the procedure and then decided not to do so because I heard that if may affect conact lens wear in the future. I love my contacts and they do so well I just do not see a reason to go lasik. But for you; wow, look at you. That was a professional method of subtle cooersion that you used on dr b. And now you are done with that stressor. (It seems NY DMV finds ways to haunt you.)

I don't think dr b likes pregnant women. He likes you, pregnant or not. He just does think highly of you. It is easy to see in how he reacts to you.

Rob...who knows what he is all fired up about sexually. If it all started with furniture shopping maybe he is turned on by the smell of all that leather. (kid you not with some men.)

I really do not believe that he is trying to be contrary with the larger sectional. He may simply feel that the way it feels and looks will work for him. Plus he took the time to map it all out engineering style. I am sure he made the choice on simple logic and conclusions based on the drawing and mapping of the room. Plus it is good quality stuff, so if you do end up moving you could always use a bigger set in a bigger room.

We have a lot of employees here who act like Joy. They injure themselves outside of work and then suddenly have an accident at work. Yes, it is manipulation, but it is really common manipulation.

Peter is a complete waste of management in my opinion. He is ignoring a need that you have that is very obvious and glaring. I am not sure if saying something to him at this point is worth it, but asking for a less risky assignment...why not? He seems to only respond to persistence. He may give you what you want simply to end the pressure on him. But botXXXXX XXXXXne here: What is with him anyway? He seems so oblivious to anyone but his own needs. Sorry you have to go to work under these circumstances. It really makes a person feel ignored to have the same assignments and schedule, especially after you asked nicely Steven

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hi steve. i just got home from the survey. god what a long trip. really long.

i got there early n they made me wait 45 min that i was early to take me on time. i did the survey and in 15 min i was done. $200. it wasnt a check it was a debit card which i wasnt sure how i felt about that but decided i was too tired and took it and that was it...

dr b. last night was quiet.. they offered for me to go home but i wouldnt be paid n said oh forget it ill stay.

dr b and i had a pt who had hypertension and a cold. dr b said give him half a tablet of sudafed. 1st off the dose is 2 tablets. 2nd sudafed is super small n not scored. i tell this to dr b. he said well hes hypertensive. i said he shud take coricidin, not sudafed. 2nd and i say all what i wrote above. he says rose (dr as new little playmate) got that same order n she didnt ask about it. or complain as i guess i did? i said well theres the possibility that she didnt realize it needed to be broken or she doesnt know a t ablet has to be scored or she doesnt know that 2 tablets is the correct dose.. so he says nah rose is an excellent nurse in that whole the girl next door type. and the hosp lucky to have her etc.. i stood there thinking.. gosh.

like im a jackass. i know i work as hard as her.

and i said well u shud tell that to the hosp too. (thinking.. she cud use the bolster..considering the trouble she was in..)

dr b then goes on to say hes written several emails of praise at least 10 in the 1 1/2 yrs hes been here now.. of diff nurses. he then went on to say youre included. i said are u sure? b/c ive never been told anything of it...

he says well ive written them. now i dont know if this is true...

if he has written the letters? n peter doesnt show me? or dr b hasnt written any about me and he said that to make me feel better?

or i have hate mail from dr a?

dr a made a whole thing he kept writing on the message board for my pts dont walk ill bring u d/c papers... most of the time i missed it cuz im up doing n then id walk over anyway... its not far so i dont see the big deal..

i wonder if dr a is happier b/c of nurse rose and were all benefiting? or hes putting on a show so i dont say to nurse rose whata scumbag he is? it looks bad to be mean to a 9 month preg nurse.. i think.

maybe rob doesnt feel stressed at work - since he changed... and maybe hes not stressed at con ed cuz hes still doing just orientation stuff. the furniture is my reward for being a good mistress...

peter. well i was thinking i should ask about triage again. then i thought im not groveling at this point. i mean ive made it this far.

anyway - rob on the other hand has put in at his new job to max out his new 401k. the new co matches so hes putting 8% of his salary (hi raise is only 10 percent.. im kinda bummed about that... so hell be aggressively putting at my guestimate $450 a month and then theyll match so im think $900 a month going in. plus he gets apension. ) so hopefully he will rebuild his 401k quickly at this rate. plus they give u co shares at a discount rate..

oh and i got the leather briefcase for rob were going to give it to him now..

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hi steve. oh and i forgot to mention that dr b made a comment about not having a boob cake. i had already thought up my answer if that lcome up...i said oh youre not so desperate to see a naked woman you need it in cake. dont you see enough real ones?

he said that he doesnt see that many and i guess i failed at trying to prop him up with like be a gentleman n get over the boob cake..

oh well.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

and yes the lasik flattens out the lens of your eye. so contacts dont match the shape of the surgically altered lens. what can be done is a corrective surgery if one or both eyes dont achieve good enough vision. and theyll do it up to one year after...

i shudve corrected one of my eyes but my eyesight was so bad the improved eyesight was good enough for me really.

it only figures the dmv would not file the paperwork appropriately for me so i still have a corrective lens restriction.

and the dmv never sent me a license renewal. it was only me noticing with all my other drama that it was going to expire. really its something else.

Lasik is more of a dream than a reality for me. My myopia is severe enough that intra-occular implants are about the only real way to correct my vision without harming my cornea. But I do so well with daily disposible contacts that I see little reason to do more right now.

You really have a DMV curse that follows you. I have never seen such problems with an agency by one person before. You get ignored, then the attention they give you is negative attention; then you do not get the paperwork you need; then you get fined. It is a no win. No wonder you feel the world is after you sometimes.

A doctor who does not see enough topless women? What on earth do you say to that? Isn't that a pretty typical part of the job...nudity?

But: I am glad you didn't get him a cake that was "topless". The implication is that he is just like dr a in that way which is far from the truth. He is much better off with a "we love you" party than one that says "hey pervert...you're growing older."

Debit cards work well enough, so 200 bucks is two hundred bucks. Even with the annoying wait that is pretty good money. Heck, 200 for roughly an hour's work. That is great money.

I may have to remov my positive comments about dr b! What an idiotic thing to say to you about the sudafed.

Really? He compares you to Rose, the new darling of the hospital? What is he thinking? (I am telling you liz I have seen this before. Watch and see if she is not who everyone thinks she is.) But for dr b to compare you at that level is unprofessional and just plain mean. You are a great nurse and he should be grateful that you question all odd choices. Docs are certainly not infalible and you have saved the butt of more than one with a comment about treatment choice before.

The letters of praise. Fine. Then share them with you. What is the guy thinking if he has written them...if so, then they should be shared.

We call them kudos letters and they are always cc'd to the person that they reference so they can use them as self confidence boosters and to show others their skills. Why would he suddenly say he has written about you when you haven't a clue about it? That makes no sense.

I am certain that part of the sudden change in dr a is that he needs to put on his good/best face for Rose. If she is the girl next door type (who I inherently do not trust based on clinical experience) he may be doing just that. This would mean that he will restrict and control his obnoxious self and would be kind to a pregnant woman. That would be expected by a girl next door type would it not?

However you manged to get the furniture, does that matter? You have it! Mistress or not the mistress now has new furniture. Good for you.

There is a point of diminishing returns on pressing Peter to move you, yes. But a gentle inquiry, such as "did you forget about me and my need to move" might be in order. Your safety is certainly worth asking about.

Rob is smart to get full match on the 401k. I know I would do the same and now he needs to save, save, save. You will not miss the raise if you never see it. How did Rob like the briefcase? Steven

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hey steve. yeah rob didnt like the briefcase. so that was a decent amt of money wasted. he didnt put on much air of liking it, he reminded me why he stopped carrying the more professional cases - they hurt his shoulder.

i did remember this. but i felt the backpack looks unprofessional. i have him dressed pretty well but i feel the backpack doesnt look good.

sigh. i dont know what to do.

meanwhile i found out that jen put pics of my daughter n hers on facebook. i found out from people at work. i feel like texting her and saying thx... now pedofiles can jerk off to my daughter.

and no theyre not to cassie. my daughters the stunner.

(thats my follow up answer..)

anything you see naked in the er is a pretty hot mess.

i mean old people you see naked. the young ones whom we have to undress are either critically injured - or a drunk/ high mess. its not like i work eveyday and im like what piece of sexy ass am i going to see?

cuz there is none.

anyone who comes for an appy or real emergency - like kidney stones etc theyre of sound mind and it would be unethical for us to ask them to disrobe. for what reason would i ?

so i believe he has a shortage of hot breasts to look at if nothing outside is going on... he was just in vegas after disney so im not crying for him argentina.

and it wasnt me who brought any stupid boob cake. i feel like the genital cakes are just so weak...

itd be more understandable tome to get him the big cake with a girl in it... that id be for.

anyway i didnt ell u that i failed to "prime" the needle correctly for the survey. they dont show you how to use it. they just drop off a ton of supplies for it and here you have to give it with the drs order and the package insert. i did read it but missed that i had to put 2 units more of insulin to prime and then ull have the drs dose.

its sub q so no air is in a vein n 2 units is so small an amount... even if u didnt do i troutinely i cant see it an issue of air. oh well.

i also was out for over 18 hrs by the time they were talking to me. so screw them.

as far as rose shes been a darling there since i started. she does seem naieve and girl next door and whatever. she still has the whole im 28 and a new nurse and a sheen on her as opposed to us wilted flowers who are 10 yrs in and been assaulted and preg and worked days and nights and worked all these diff units n hosp and well were not impressed anymore... have been betrayed by drs and nurses weve worked with.

anyway, i guess he couldve written it. my bosses shouldve shown it to me. my old job used to pull that crap too. cuz then the nurse has a leg to stand on if she has pt and dr letters. im sure everyone of mine were thrown away there. and pts dont bring crap to the er for us.

oh well.

i was going to ask him if shes the girl next door.. then what am i?

i mean i sure am not living la vida loca.

im the old hag next door?

oh well.

so why dont you trust them (girls next door..)? wolves in sheeps clothing?

oh and my inlaws have already planned their next disney trip. its the last week of aug to begin of sept next year...

so i had the though.. oh good, so i f i want to take the kids we can go when we want... n... theyll already be going or something n well were not going with them...

hmm.

so i tell rob. so he says the same thing i did. and then hi 5s me.

so then he says ... well seriously id like to go away next fall just the 2 of us for a long weekend. n i should take the week off so im with the kids the other days so i dont feel badly.

id like to do both actually. but it may be too much. he thinks thi s baby will be too little but the talking kate is like we got to disney? when do we go? and thn she hugs rob so nice and says dada takes me to disney to see mickey and go on roller coaster?

yeah i guess it doesnt matter how i got my furniture. but i kinda feel like i shouldnt owe anyone or it be a big deal. were together 10 yrs and i only bought kate furniture n the new entertainment center /tv.

and i feel like 10 yrs is a long time to be without it or to look at his and his mothers taste in masculine furniture.

as far as today we have to go ot walmart..(i dont wanna go..) and to the hi risk ob gyn for the sono. im still worried.

even if everythings ok with that then u have to worry if the kids autistic. or has soem sort of behavioral problem where ill have to beat them within an inch of their lives. i see these boys and everyone says oh u have a girl so its easier. maybe id have been better off with having another girl.

Thanks so much Liz for the bonus!

I feel badly for you about the briefcase. I know you wanted him to really like it. I think he should have at least tried to show some enthusiasm. You spent a lot of effort on this and it is a really nice gesture. (Can I say I am disappointed in how he reacted?) And, backpacks are not at all professional and self promotion is 50% image. He needs to look the part and a briefcase makes him stand out.

I get so annoyed at people who post pictures of my kids on-line. I really do not want my family exposed to people and you are right; there are too many who use these pictures of children for sexual purposes. I agree with you. I ask people to remove pictures. I really do not care what they think, but I am not sure how Jen might react. Then again...

I guess what you are saying is that the ER is not the place to find great bodies. More typically the bodies are pretty saggy or covered in blood. Ah, yeah...I can see how that would not be a good thing. Poor dr b. I guess he really is desperate. lol

A girl in a cake. Now, aside from movies, have you ever actually seen that?

I wouldn't worry about priming the needle. You did what you did in real time in a realistic way. That is what they wanted anyway...an actual nurse. You gave it to them. Good for you and you got paid. Seeing how a real nurse may react to a circumstance is useful too.

Darling Rose huh...she even has you admitting that she is the girl next door. You sure she isn't a Disney plant, like the next snow white? I just have this really weird image of her right now with bluebirds and such helping her with the patients.

You are not the hag next door and I will mercilessly harass you if you refer to yourself in that way again. You are bright, experienced and really talented and I know that men find you attractive based on how they react to you. You have never been the girl next door type. Thank goodness. They often are exactly what you said...they use that innocence to get away with so much bad behavior. One of our prior presidents of the US had that boy next door thing going. Look at what he was able to do; and people still loved him.

Rose is just a different sort of person...no comparisons to you please. You never would have survived your family and life as it has been if you were the 'innocent type'.

And you are right. You should have been given copies of any letters of praise or accomplishment. To not do so is wrong, as your job is often thankless and praise from a doctor or family or anyone is highly valued.

Ah, Now you both are thinking like an experienced couple! I had to laugh. You sound just like us...looking for work arounds for vacation that does not involve family. Wow though, Kate is a heart string puller. She is going wherever she wants to. She has daddy wrapped around her finger.

You did great with the new furniture. You can't expect to live in a home with nothing but handmedowns after ten years. It is certainly time to have what you wanted. Masculine furniture...woah...that sounds like a bad bachelor pad with a torn recliner and a threadbare futon.

Let me know about how the sono goes. Yes, it is a never ending battle with kids and worry. But do not let the boy horror stories take over. My son is the easiest of the three and although that was not always that way; he is far more steady and predictable than the girls and that is very typical. I think you will find that they (boys) are different, but not hard. Steven

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hey steve. put the next ans into a new question.

I will look for it later on today. Hope you are well...Steven