psychlady, Therapist
Experience:  Psychotherapist specializing in the treatment of a variety of mental health issues.

Hi Dr., I have been having issues for more than 10 years. I

Hi Dr., I have been having issues for more than 10 years. I think the main reason behind is my parents' divorce. That was really a hard time before. I did some tests online and it rated "Very High" in "Borderline personality disorder and dependent disorder. It also rated "High" in "paranoid" and "histrionic". I am seeking help for that I cannot control myself physically and emotionally many times. I cut my wrist because of my anger one year ago. I let myself involved with a man who is not my boyfriend. I constantly regret and try to help myself and fail. I cut my connections to the man 2 times and always contact him again, which hurts myself constantly. I really need help, would you please give me some advice?

It sounds like you desperately need a mental health evaluation by a professional rather than trying to piece this together yourself. The fact that you sought out information is a very positive first step. It is apparent then that you want help but are confused as to what is specifically going on. If you have made suicidal gestures at some point then you may have a very complicated depression or are having symptoms of more than one disorder. Symptoms of depression include sadness, irritability, hopelessness, anger, and poor sleep/appetite. This can influence every area of your life including your sexual choices. Sometimes when people are depressed they will choose partners who are not healthy for them. The first thing to do is to consider that this may be a codependent relationship where you are seeking out a partner who is detrimental to your well being. A great source to figure this out on your own is Codependent No More. This person actually seeks out unhealthy relationships. Then you should find a therapist to help you get a more accurate picture of what is going on. You can find a therapist on the site for the American Psychological Association or Psychology Today. Find someone helpful for you and focus on yourself and your own well being.

Please press positive feedback so I am compensated

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi there, thanks for the reply. I just wonder do you mean that unless my depression can be solved, I would let myself involve in the Codependent relationship again? Even if I stop the contact, I would seek some other unhealthy relationship at some point?

People are more prone to codependent relationships when they are not feeling good about themselves. You need to be right within yourself so you resist this type of relationship. You may just seek another negative relationship so seek help for you