Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.

Dear Dr. Keane, What do you make of my self-esteem these days?

Dear Dr. Keane, What do you make of my self-esteem these days? I feel that it is growing, or at least maybe it is bit by bit, but that I understand the need to keep working at it, and I do as I know that there are lapses in the good self-esteem. I decided to tell that couple (family friends who are husband and wife) just a little more, but still keeping most of my statements relatively general but with little personal things here and there, even though I felt a bit vulnerable, but thought I'd take a chance, and you’re right, they are very genuine and continue not to push and even though I gave them an easy way to get out and to change their minds about wanting to still want to be friends with me (maybe that's to do with how my self-esteem was, thinking about it now, not sure) they didn’t take it and still want to be friends……. I must admit that I did feel a certain amount of weight had lifted when you reassured me that to have been an anxious child was not my fault. It’s like part of me knew that already as that’s what I would have said to anyone, but I just couldn’t get past the thoughts that I was to blame, so to actually hear it from you felt so good to read your "absolutely not" statement. It was like, I instantly felt some relief from that. I think because I've been blaming myself for so long now. Also as for you Dr. Keane, I am very glad that you will be able to get my posts when I am away. I am always so glad and pleased that I can share so much with you and to be able to trust you so much, it's good. I do feel privileged to be able to do that and to be able to ask for your guidance and help, and to know that it is ok to still do so. It helps so much. I also hope that your project on whatever the topic is, is going well and that it is a success for you. I really do wish you the best for the project. Let me know how it goes (not trying to be nosey though, I am genuinely interested and wishing you the best in whatever your project may be because I care). I will tell you about my blog some time. I kept running into difficulties for some reason but may have sorted them, so I can work on it again. As for my cold, well, it’s finally getting better. Again, thank you for informing me that you will still get my posts when I send them when I am away on my break, I’m glad you chose to answer that. Not long until my vacation now, so I’m glad that I’d asked you about it when I did. I always feel a little anxiety about things before I go on a vacation these days, but always know I'm going to have a nice time. It’s a busy day at work today though and hope you’re having a good day. Oh do you have season 2 of Homeland yet? It just started here and it's as good as the first one so far, still a bit scary in parts though. I know you are possibly quite busy but hope to hear from you soon.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Keane replied 1 year ago.

Dr.Keane :

Hi, glad you are feeling stronger in regards XXXXX XXXXX self esteem, there has been a lot of growth for you in that area. ....and yes, I season two has begun here. Try not to let any anxiety bother you before your trip, take deep breaths. I don't know many people who don't feel a bit of anxiety getting ready for a trip! Think about having a nice time and if you forget anything, well I am sure there are shops for that!!! Have fun.

Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience: Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you so much for your response. It came at the right time. I intend to have fun. I'm glad that you reassured me before that you'll still get my posts when I am away. Good to know! I hope your having a good week and have a good weekend. Sorry too that I missed you in chat. I got called away for something.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.