Dr. Olsen
Dr. Olsen, Psychologist
Experience:  PsyD Psychologist
46062601

My 11 year old daughter has been texting very foul,language

My 11 year old daughter has been texting very foul,language to her friends why? And how deal with it
Hi
Thank you for writing in JustAnswer.
Let me ask you a few questions first.
How's she doing in school ?
Does her friends use these words as well?
How did she respond to you when you talked to her about it?
Please let me know by clicking on “Reply” and I will then craft my response.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Warm Regards,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
She is a straight a student . Her friends do not talk like that. She was very remorseful and said it was because she was really angry at one of her friends that she constantly fights with because her "friend" was telling secrets about her to another mutual friend . She said her feelings were really hurt and she couldn't say anything because they were riding in a car with the girls mother . She promised never to do it again but this is the second time this happened . Yesterday was a tweet last week it was a text message . I course I took away phone, iPad and computer. This is what is so shocking to me. She is not a problem Child She does have ADHD and often feels inferior to her friends in sports and other things but I don't understand why she's using his language( never outloud). Does she think people will think she's cool?,
Hi there
Thank you for your reply.
I had to be offline all day due to other duties.
I"ll be back with my answer later today
Hi there,
Thank you for waiting.
I had to be off JA all day due to other duties.

Your 11 year old daughter has been texting f words to her friends.
She is doing well in school. She gets good grades. Her friends don't use these words. She showed remorse when you talked to her about it.
She told that she used these words as she was really angry at one of her friends. She did it again even though she promised not to use these words. You stated she does have ADHD.

As she said, she was really angry at one of her friends.
Perhaps, she has heard these words from other boys and on TV.
She may have developed the habit of using these words when she gets really angry. If she has ADHD, she may have low frustration tolerance and impulsive control issues more or less.
It's true some kids may use these bad words.
She may need to learn how to express anger with different words and in different ways. Assertive communication training may be helpful for her to manage and express anger to her friends appropriately.

Please let me know if you have more questions even after getting this answer. Best regards,