Ask Kate McCoy, M.Ed, NBCC, LPC Your Own ...

Kate McCoy, M.Ed, NBCC, LPC
Kate McCoy, M.Ed, NBCC, LPC, Therapist
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues.

hello, im in a relationship at present and sex life is not

hello, im in a relationship at present and sex life is not to bad, but over the last few months i have been fantasising about wearing her lingerie and chemois ect .when im on my own i like wearing ladies lingerie ect, it arouses me and i enjoy doing this but i feel ashamed .but i cannot help it. i think i may be a transvestite but not sure. i dont have gay feelings although a long time ago i taken a fancie to a man, but not since. im still attracted to women , could i be bisexual or have i got fetishes?.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Kate McCoy, M.Ed, NBCC, LPC replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'd like to help you with your question.

Many men like the feeling of female clothing and the nature of the clothing itself is meant to arouse. While a fetish is nothing harmful to be concerned about, some people feel enough anxiety over their choices to seek out treatment.

If you feel your need to dress up has become more intense, you may have what is referred to as transvestic fetishism. It is usually described as obsessive type behavior where the person has a strong desire to dress in the opposite sex's clothing. Although therapy is the recommended treatment, many people feel they are making a choice and do not need therapy, especially if they are not willing to change the behavior.

Therapy may help you understand your need to dress up, however, if you feel uncomfortable with your feelings. Although the cause of transvestic fetishism is unknown, it may be related to unmet needs from childhood caused by abuse or trauma.

Your one time attraction to a man does not indicate bisexual tendencies. If you had attraction to both sexes more frequently, you might want to consider that you could be bisexual. Therapy may help you talk this out and find out what you really feel. But as you stated you are attracted to women so you are most likely heterosexual.

I hope this has helped you,
Kate

May I please request that if you find the service I provided helpful at all that you rate me with three or above? Your rating is the only way I am reimbursed for my answer. Thank you so much!

Kate McCoy, M.Ed, NBCC, LPC, Therapist
Experience: Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues.

May I help any further? I noticed you did not rate so if you need further help, let me know. Otherwise, may I please request that if you find the service I provided helpful at all that you rate me with three or above? Your rating is the only way I am reimbursed for my answer. Thank you so much!

Kate