Elliott, LPCC, NCC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience:  35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.
40019946

Hi, I have Lymes disease, I also have other physical problems,

Hi, I have Lymes disease, I also have other physical problems, like a fracture in my back, so I cannot work.
Do you have any advice how to keep a happy life, even when I dont have much possibilities to work or live an active life.
Thank you.
Seeking expert counseling is a sign of strength. A personal relationship with a caring professional is proven clinically effective.

Dear friend,

You are being tested, not necessarily by an outside force, but by your own circumstances and challenges. You are not as well off as others, but are a lot better off than many who rise to their challenges and overcome them.

Choose interests that you can accomplish despite physical limitations, some physical, and some intellectual, such as reading, writing , painting, playing musical insruments, listening to music, volunteering at a nursing home, joining a club or church or talking a course at a school other cultural center, walking, or even gardening.

Let me recommend an instructional and inspirational book for you about gardening, whether or not you are interested. It is the process and attitude that I would like you to examine. You can get it at www.amazon.co.uk or eslewhere. It is called:

The Able Gardener: Overcoming Barriers of Age and Physical Limitations by Kathleen Yeomans

You must be creative and overcome your barriers. Your joy of accomplishment will inspire you to more and more successes, until you will not feel encumbered any longer by your deficits. Rather, you will harness them and make them your source of inspiration in order to best use this precious gift of life that you have received.

I wish you great success.

Warm regards,

Elliott Sewell, LPCC, NCC, CCMHC
Dear XXXXX,

Thank you so much for accepting my answer with such positive feedback.

Warm regards,

Elliott