DrFee
DrFee, Psychologist
Experience:  I help people overcome anxiety and enjoy life again.
66179016

I need help in finding a psych. Yesterday and today, crying.

I need help in finding a psych. Yesterday and today, crying. I,ve been under the care of a psych. But she is not accepting medicare and tricare prime. We have made several calls , no luck. I was even discriminated cause I,m a lip-reader, not totally deaf. But I can,t stop crying. Took a Klonipin. XXXXXX, cincinnati, Ohio.45255

Hello! Please remember that my response is for information only, we are not establishing a therapeutic relationship.

I'm sorry that you are having so many difficulties right now. I have a few ideas for you:

1. The Psychiatrist who was seeing you should have given you some referrals --is it possible for you to call her back and get some referrals from her office?

2. I did a search on this website: www.psychologytoday.com in your zip code and found about 6 psychiatrists, only one of which said he takes insurance.
I don't know if he is too far for you:

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dr. Robert E Lubow MD XXXXX
Cincinnati, Ohio
45219
Tel: (NNN) NNN-NNNN
http://psychiatrists.psychologytoday.com/rms/36781

3. Another option you have is to call Medicare and Tricare and ask for a referral.

4. You could go to your family doctor to get refills for your meds., that doctor might have a referral for you.

I hope that one of these ideas will lead you to a new Psychiatrist. I know that it is frustrating to look and have to make multiple calls.

Regards,
Dr. Fee
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Called the referrals, no luck, Family doctor only gave me 2 referrals, no luck there. Tricare referred to back to medicare. This crying off and on, I need to see someone soon. Thank You, XXXXX XXXXX had so many problems getting a doc!

I'm so sorry that it's been so much trouble. I have seen this happen before in mental health, especially with 2 types of coverage.

Another option I thought of is you can go to a "psychiatric ER" --not to check in, but just to get your meds. They may be able to help you find a referral.

This hospital says they have a Psychiatric ER:

http://university hospital.uchealth.com/services/emergency-services/