Rafael M.T.Therapist
Rafael M.T.Therapist, Psychotherapist
Experience:  MHT-MHRS-MS-MA Integral Psychotherapist & Life Coach
65591635

hello i have a queston about my husband,who believes he can

Customer Question

hello i have a queston about my husband,who believes he can bring demons up out of the ground,believes he is seeing demons.is very interested in the bible verses (revelations),get aggressive and angry with conversation over this situation with me.father was a minister. he likes to study the occult,says he used to perform rituals offerings had a alter,is believing this is all true.is on 2 meds suboxene and adderall.please help is he having a mental issue?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Rafael M.T.Therapist replied 2 years ago.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Hello, I am Rafael. Thanks for asking your question - I'm here to support you. (Information posted here is not private or c

onfidential but public).

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

I am very sorry to know about this concerning situation.

Customer :

thanks

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

You're welcome.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

For how long has he been presenting these behaviors-symptoms?

Customer :

well at 9 years he had these problemshe had a exorsism done at that age cause his father believed he was possesed,but went away till the last couple of months,he is 34 now.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

What you report appear to match we known as hallucinations and delusions, and it seems obvious they are rooted in the radical religious beliefs and experiences he has had from infancy to the present.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Wn

en religious beliefs and practices do undermine the person's mood, personality, ability to function, to be productive and to develop and maintain healthy, mature and fulfilling relationships, then we can talk about mental health disorders caused or triggered by such beliefs, values and experiences.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Professional psychotherapy would be necessary for his mental health to be assessed and adequate support provided.

Customer :

my husband wants to chat with you

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Hallucinations and delusions could appear as symptoms of depression, anxiety, substance abuse and mental illnesses like schizophrenia. the only way to know for sure what's the core mental health disorder he is suffering is by direct evaluation.

Customer :

ok this the husband it clear to me that you are not religous becuse you aer diputing the fact that demons are real i have talked to many occultist turned christin and they all belive that what i have expirinced is real i know what i have seen and what is real and what is not you belive in the scientifice aspect and not the religous one correct?

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

My response is based on the question posted, which mainly reported visions of demons and other phenomena plus aggressive behaviors and anger problems, which obviously concern the person who posted question. As previously explained, if any behavior starts affecting a person's mood or functioning and his relationships with others, productive and responsible life and coping, then it is obvious mental health problems do affect the person and for that professional counseling and psychotherapy are necessary,

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Again, this has been my response to your wife's question. It is obvious you do n;t agree with her but I do respect her right and need to look for support around something she experiences as concerning in her life.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

if the person who posted this question wants professional support on coping with this situation, my recommendation is to look for professional psychological support - counseling or psychotherapy, in order to get the help she need for understanding, coping with and providing support around this situation.

.

Customer :

ok i agree that she also has the right to be concerned ther is a certain ritual that is performed that is a part of necromency but i promised god i would not practice rituals agian the name of the demon that shows its self is baphomet and itold my wife that i could do this and prove to here that this is very real but i will bring very bad karma on my family comments please??

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Sorry, I have responded to posted question. If you want professional support on this concerns you should seek it locally or online. JustAnswers provides general information support only- in this case around mental health problems-, and my role here is limited to basic orientation on psychological concerns and not on religious beliefs and practices.