Jean
Jean, Psychotherapist
Experience:  Masters degree in counseling, Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)

I feel a might go crazy is that likely but i feel better after

I feel a might go crazy is that likely but i feel better after listening to some relaxation stuff and doing relaxatin stuff?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Jean replied 1 year ago.

Jean N/20pluscounts :

Hello, this is Jean, and I can assist you. Welcome- I'm glad you posted your question.

Jean N/20pluscounts :

Sorry you are struggling so much- hopefully I can assist you to find something that may relax you a bit.

Jean N/20pluscounts :

When we feel like we "are or might" go crazy, typically means we are feeling overwhelmed, stressed, lots on our mind.

Jean N/20pluscounts :

I'm here to tell you, you will/can get through this.

Jean N/20pluscounts :

A lot of what we experience in this type of situation is "grand central station head", our thoughts are so strong, tend to "control" us. It is just thoughts- must find a way to quiet those thoughts.

Jean N/20pluscounts :

If you typically feel better after listening to relaxation stuff, and doing relaxation stuff- you can do it again. I would ask you to start by doing "belly" breathing. Place your hand on your abdomen and inhale deeply, until your hand is pushed out. Hold that breath and exhale fully, and repeat.

Jean N/20pluscounts :

You said you are depressed and stressed out, that deep breathing, and relaxation can really help. We have to practice the deep breathing and relaxation, because it is a new skill for many people. When we are stressed out we tend to breath in a shallow way- we need deep cleansing breaths.

Jean N/20pluscounts :

I have found some great stuff on Youtube- if you search for "relaxation" once on that site, various videos come up. Many have nice soothing music, and beautiful, and relaxing images, very calming.

Jean N/20pluscounts :

Making a list of things you can have an impact on, and those things that are out of your control, can be helpful in sorting out our worries and anxiety.

Jean N/20pluscounts :

It's hard to think straight when we have so much anxiety and worries on our mind- start feeling "spaced out", in a daze- that's all part of the effects of anxiety.

Jean N/20pluscounts :

Going for a brisk walk or other form of exercise can help- in a sense you "work off" the anxiety.

Jean N/20pluscounts :

Posting your question today, calling a friend, doing some journal writing, are all good things; seeking out support is a great way to get through this- being reminded you are not going crazy.

Jean N/20pluscounts :

If you identify those things you can have an impact on such as tasks you need to complete, phone calls you need to make, bills to pay, chores etc.;making a list, and checking those things off can help ease the anxiety.

Jean N/20pluscounts :

Are you available for a live chat?

Jean N/20pluscounts :

When anxious we get so overwhelmed it's difficult to know "where to start" to sort through, and tackle things we need to do. That's where writing them down can help.

Jean N/20pluscounts :

If you come up with a long list of tasks- go easy on yourself- you can only do so much at a time. We have to be realistic about what we can do in an hour, day, week.. We tend to put so much pressure on ourselves to accomplish so much, that it's hard to even get started.

Jean N/20pluscounts :

Talking to yourself like you would a good friend is worth a try. Ridiculing and putting ourselves down does little good- makes us feel even more stuck. If a friend were experiencing the struggles you are- what would you tell them? I think we would comfort them, tell them it will be okay, to hang in there etc. We are so much more kind and encouraging to others- need to do that more for ourselves. The negative thinking can really bring us down.

Jean N/20pluscounts :

You are not alone in that feeling/thought "I'm going crazy"- that's common with anxiety and our fast paced society. Some people are more sensitive to the busy-ness of the world and have to take extra care to find peace and calm. When a person is more sensitive- seemingly small problems can seem overwhelming. It's a good quality to be sensitive and caring, but it can also open one up for a bit more hurt, than the less sensitive. The sensitive soul must protect them self from the over stimulized world we live in.

Jean N/20pluscounts :

If listening to relaxation stuff, and doing things that are relaxing has helped- do more of what has helped you in the past- can never relax too much. One can not be relaxed/calm and anxious and uptight at the same time.

Jean N/20pluscounts :

Continue to post, ask questions, make comments, until you are satisfied with my answer.

Jean N/20pluscounts :

One of my favorite childhood stories is the "The Little Train That Could"- great reminder of the little guy(little train with a big load) in the big world of so many demands, having the courage to "give it a try". "I think I can, I think I can, I thought I could"- the little train tells himself as he's trying to haul a heavy load up a big hill. An example of how important it is to encourage ourselves. May be able to find the story on line.

Jean N/20pluscounts :

I look forward to other comments or questions you may have- Jean

Expert:  Jean replied 1 year ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Jean.

Am just stressed out at home all my life had it too stressed, but with really serious people and people who listen i can get along with them like the japanese who think really really fast their brains can really keep up with them. I guess with my parents not treating me like a family and always getting angry with me and fierce like a tiger never treated me like a family my whole life, now going back to taking diazepam 5MG feel better and got bullied all my life even now had to get the police around to sort out the stupid, pathetic and racist and offensive and abusive people who start saying things like right and trying to speak like japanese and chinese manners and today the same 16-18 year old people saying saying f off outside my house and trying to sound weird speaking an Asian language it's like my information is being leaked when i see the psychiatrist, everyday they pass by it's like they have nothing else to do i don't know how they saw me i was in the house seem to target me because i look really weak or weak.

Expert:  Jean replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your response- quickly- have a second- to let you know I'm off line for about an hour, will respond back to you at that time. So look for my response in about 60-70 min. or so.
Jean
Expert:  Jean replied 1 year ago.
William,
It sounds like you are a sensitive soul. Putting your energy into those people and relationships that bring you pleasure, support, and validation, is best. Learning ways to be able to reject/repel the negative stuff that surrounds all of us. There are cruel, insensitive, and uncaring people out there- but there are lots of good people out there. The 16-18 year old people you describe may find "trouble" wherever they go- less about you as a person- more about them being immature, insensitive, etc. Put your energy into the good things in your life, being careful to not put too much of your energy into people who have hurt you. Finding those people who respect you, like the Japanese people, that's where your energy is best utilized. It's good you find some relief from the Diazepam. I say this with confidence, the likelihood of your private information being leaked, is pretty slim. Just because we look a certain way does not mean we are that way- you can strengthen yourself within. Try identifying the positive things about you, and the good relationships, your positive qualities, and your strengths. It becomes too automatic sometimes to focus on the negative, the hurts, what's wrong in the world. It takes practice, but we can begin to look at things more positively, or more realistically. Maybe consider learning more about cognitive therapy- it's a method of therapy that helps one begin thinking more realistically, more productively, and more optimistic. You are a good person and need to surround yourself with people who encourage and validate you.

Take care William,
Let me know if I can help any further.
Jean
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I've had it also for 25+ years with my family and my life too much negative, racist, abusive and criticism moving to Japan when i finish my movie directing intensive courses in London in the UK in a few years time because am trying to push my confidence that i can be a movie director in less than a few years time basically am not wasting anymore time in my life anymore 25 years old now nearly 26 in January 2nd. Everytime I watch the Japanese Animations they strengthen my confidence and give me a huge boost and give me hope.

Expert:  Jean replied 1 year ago.

It's important to have goals, hope, and enthusiasm to pursue those goals. It's never too late to find the happiness you are looking for. It sounds like the Japanese culture and the animation is a passion for you. Yes, focus on those things that make you happy, the positive stuff that gives you that hope. We can not change what has happened in the future so putting the energy into planning for your future is where you need to focus. You are young, you have lots of good things to come if you continue to follow your dreams. Best wishes on your movie career.

If you would be so kind to rate my answer ok or above so I can get credited- much appreciated.

Jean

Expert:  Jean replied 1 year ago.

What I meant in that sentence: We can not change what has happened in the past, so putting the energy into planning for your future is where you need to focus.

Jean, Psychotherapist
Experience: Masters degree in counseling, Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes your right. That's what am doing now i don't think it would make any difference even if i went back in time.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The police are doing not much here asked the people living behind my house if they did such things i said who is going to admit a criminal offence?

Expert:  Jean replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry you are having to deal with the police- that's stressful. Yes sadly it's hard to prove things sometimes- you knowing something- but the authorities not having enough to take action. The police go on evidence and proof only. Making sure you are safe is important- unless they are threatening you or harming you in some way, doing your best to remove yourself from them, avoiding them, having no interaction, is probably best. That may be challenging when they live behind your house. The less reaction and attention you give them, the likelihood of them "giving up" or leaving you alone, is greater. If they are doing something illegal it will catch up with them eventually- but may not have the "power" to make that happen. I hope this situation improves for you. Focusing on your interests and passions is a good use of your time, attention, and energy.
Take Care,
Jean
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi again Jean my good friend. These people possibly who live behind my parents house where i live now are doing weird and dodgy stuff walking past my house like yesterday saying out loud bum, which is unacceptable that's why in a few years time am moving to Japan to start my career as a Movie director, Script writer, Producer and acting in my own Movies.

Expert:  Jean replied 1 year ago.
It's unfortunate that with all the good people in the world, your neighbors are so inconsiderate. There are lots of good people in the world- with a few sour apples. They need a hobby, you must be interesting that they spend so much time bothering you! They do not know you, quite sure if it wasn't you, they may find someone else to harass. As best you can do not acknowledge them-they are not worth your time and energy. You have much better things to focus on like your movie career- so exciting!! You have something really big and important to focus on- and time spent working towards that is time well spent.

Take the best care,
Jean
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It's stupid these old people in my town and am moving into London next year at least i stand out in the crowd been there a wonderful place, it's like these old people when i do normal expressions, have nothing else to do i do normal expressions they start doing sexual noises and sounds it's like they have nothing else to do i don't mean to be rude but it's the UK that's the problem in Japan they don't care what you do and who you are they treat you as a anyone and a normal person. That's why in a few years time am moving to Japan.

Expert:  Jean replied 1 year ago.
Hello, it's great you have Japan to look forward to. They sound like bullies who harass others- that's unfortunate. It doesn't sound like you are doing anything to provoke this -they are just insensitive- or more likely they are insecure and put others down to feel "bigger"- that's what a bully is. We all want to be treated with respect of course. Surround yourself with the people who treat you well- with the respect you deserve.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I've had it during the time i got really ill in 2004,17 the old stupid old people i was just doing normal stuff they looked at my face without looking most of them making sexual noises and sounds on the bus it's like they have nothing else to do people in this country and too much freedom in the UK in Japan they don't care a dam about you excuse my language if it was rude.

Expert:  Jean replied 1 year ago.
I wish the best to you. There are good things ahead for you. Take care!! Jean
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

What is the hospital called where the psychiatrist sends me there for a special treatment and my Mum said it will be for weeks where i have to be cured properly instead of seeing the one now since she's not an actual psychiatrist because it's going to be boring i will sleep and sit into a living room almost i think they need to do an assessment which isn't very good before going into their so i will have my own private area where no one is around?

Expert:  Jean replied 1 year ago.
I think you are referring to in patient hospital, or residential treatment center. It gives the doctor an opportunity to evaluate you, identify the best course of treatment, stabilize you on your medications. Like you said do an assessment- that's good it will provide more information about what may best help you. Be strong, do what you need to do, cooperate with your doctor, and get on the road to feeling better. Best wishes to you- it sounds like it's where you need to be for now. Jean
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Am doing basic tai chi at the moment so that will help but if i go to where you said my Mum said it will take weeks for me to get better it will be so boring i will have my own room i presume she said and my own living room is that true?

Expert:  Jean replied 1 year ago.
Think of some things you can do ahead of time, and typically longer stay hospitals have recreation and other things to do, like art. Do your best to get the most out of your treatment. It's a good opportunity for doctors to identify what would help you the most. I wish you a speedy recovery. I'm not sure about your own living room- good question to ask. Any questions you have, go ahead and ask, inquire, it might help you feel less anxious about going. Good wishes to you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you very much Jean my good friend. My Mum is and was over doing it or over reacting she says i would be their next week after the translator and the psychiatrist this Friday, still and then today she changed her mind and said you won't stay for a week only until you get better but their's nothing wrong with me if am off medications it's fine i just need to do these brain training stuff and some Chinese stuff to heal myself, my mum said they will do a test on me before going there. The last time i went into hospital only 3 people they were being so racist, abusive, sexual and harassment including those too i just mentioned harassment with those also. My Mum said i will be on my own i don't think so that's what my psychiatrist said to her and maybe another 1 and i got treated like dog or worser like a pig or worse am getting scared, all i need to do is move into a flat with social services then i will be fine on my own and can go shopping and do what i want like a normal person does cook for themselves lunch, dinner and of course do breakfast which i wanted to and want to look after myself 25+ now.

Expert:  Jean replied 1 year ago.
So it doesn't sound like you will have to be there as long as you thought- relieved I bet. Brain training and Chinese stuff- sounds very progressive. We can learn a lot from the eastern philosophy of things. Looking at crisis as opportunity and just "being" are some of my favorite eastern ideas. They will take good care of you. Your mom sounds very loving, caring, and a good advocate for you- she will make sure you get good care. That's a good goal to seek more independence- be patient though. Be brave, trust the process of things, think positively about getting better so you can do all those wonderful things you want to do. It's normal to feel anxious about this- but you will get through this!! Best of wishes and take the best care of you!
Jean
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

What type of assessment am i going to get to go into that type of hospital I mentioned where the psychiatrist checks me because the psychiatrist i have now is only a Specialty Doctor in Psychiatry?

With Specialty Doctor in Psychiatry is it not a proper psychiatrist because she said she isn't only a doctor don't know what my mum heard in the meeting with the translator?

Expert:  Jean replied 1 year ago.
Often times the evaluation involves paper testing where they ask you multiple choice questions, and the doctor would ask you a series of questions. These are good questions that you have- maybe getting more information about what to expect will ease your anxiety. I'm not quite sure what it will involve not knowing anything about the hospital/treatment center. This can be anxiety producing, but you can do it, be brave, it's one step closer to feeling better and focusing on your goals for the future. Your job once in the hospital is to focus on being honest and open with the doctors and getting the best treatment you can get. Good luck on your road to recovery.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Is it likely i will get tied since they think am ill and what is the area like?

Expert:  Jean replied 1 year ago.
Would you be able to ask these questions- I can't answer that not knowing anything about the hospital or treatment center you are going to. Getting answers to your questions can ease your fear and anxiety- be brave- you will get through this. Your mother is a good support and advocate for you, it sounds like. Maybe your mum could ask or answer those questions you have.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Well now am ok after my Mum said it because am doing well don't need to go to hospital. But the police are doing nothing their being racist and bullying me the people who live behind my back house all the police want is evidence and for me to see them actually do it if i call the police again i will get into trouble. I don't know what to do it's driving me mad and making me very upset. This kid just said Chinese face in the back of his garden in the dark so weird he is. What does he get out of it nothing? I have to always talk to my friends on the phone to help me and you now.

Expert:  Jean replied 1 year ago.
I'm glad to hear you are doing well and don't need to go to the hospital. It sounds like the police are not able to help you with your problem without enough "evidence". It may be better to talk to your friends on the phone to help you when the people who live behind you make hurtful comments to you. I know it's difficult, but do the best to avoid, ignore, do not respond to them in any way, in words, or even a look. If you talk to your friends when you are upset you may be able to avoid calling the police. You do not want to get into trouble by calling the police. The police may not see this in the same way that you do. If they thought you were in imminent danger, they would then take action. At this point the police may believe there is nothing they can do. Each time you call it may take time away from other work they need to attend to. Those people who live behind your house are not worth your time or attention. If you do your best to avoid them, ignore them, and stay strong, they may lose interest. They may get a "rise" out of provoking others, controlling others as some sort of "game". Put your attention into your friends and family who support you. Agree to talk to your family or friends when you are concerned about the neighbors. This may also help you to work it out and not get into trouble with the police.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

What did you mean by?: They may get a "rise" out of provoking others, controlling others as some sort of "game".

Expert:  Jean replied 1 year ago.
Sorry to confuse you. What I meant is that some people put others down, ridicule, harass, tease, etc. in order to control others, a way to make themselves "feel" bigger and better. I refer to it as a "game" because it's a false sense of being better. It's unhealthy and destructive to the person teasing and to those who are harmed by it. It's hard to make sense out of why people bully, tease, harass others. Those people think differently, they have less of a sense of care for others. They may not feel guilt or compassion the same way most of us do. That's why I tell you it's better to avoid- you can not make them stop. You will have to remove yourself from them. Do not respond or acknowledge them in any way. If you do not respond they may "give up" and stop doing what they are doing because they are no longer negatively affecting you. It's difficult I know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It's just the United Kingdom i found out that 70% people get bullied and harassed that's why a lot of people in this Country have to take medications so badly from what a friend told me this is the worse country in the world.

That's why when i get my movie director, script writing, producer experience and knowledge i will go to Japan in 2-3 years time to get respect.

Expert:  Jean replied 1 year ago.
Wow that's a lot of bullying going on. In the USA there's a lot more being done, especially in schools to educate, address, prevent bullying. If only we could all live together peacefully what a wonderful world it would be.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Really the USA do a lot about bullying what i see in Hollywood movies i see some bad stuff?

I never been to USA what's it like generally I know there's gun crimes and all these bad stuff about it?

I know this isn't related but just 2 general questions about the USA?

Expert:  Jean replied 1 year ago.
We will find the "bad" anywhere we go. At the same time we can find some good things going on. The "bad" just seems to get more of our attention. In the usa, since there have been shootings in schools and teen suicide related to bullying, schools have been better at including education and prevention of bullying. There's a lot of mixed debate about gun laws. I think you hear more about the violence because people are drawn to it in the media. Tv and newspapers draw people in with the "drama" and the violence. The best use of our time and energy is going towards the good, looking for the good.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Why is it no one believes me that people are making fun of me or bullying me i feel upset even the health services says no one is these kids were recently copying me and making fun or bullying me i feel so upset now holding it inside me saying no their not? Am not saying everyone is against me.

Expert:  Jean replied 1 year ago.
You may want to talk to your mum about seeing a counselor, someone who can help you more directly cope with this. It sounds like it's very difficult for you. A counselor may be able to better guide you in problem solving and conflict resolution. No not everyone is against you. It's a difficult thing because when people bully they often do it when no one is able to witness it. If you are seeing a medical doctor or a psychiatrist they may be able to help you find a counselor.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

My family never treated me as a family so i will deal with it myself they always said to me my whole life you stupid, naughty, bad boy, evil, black hearted, crazy, mental and mad boy. I have a psychologist not sure if that's any help? All my family want to know is good stuff not bad stuff i've been very upset about it all my life my Mum 10 years ago about that i was having a bad time she said am going to commit suicide she actually went outside the house and wanted to get run over by a car just because i was having a bad time and troubling her during dinner time she said all these 10's of years then but then i saved her basically so she stopped thinking that.

Expert:  Jean replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry for your struggle in your family. Maybe consider talking to your psychologist about finding more support- group therapy? Someone else to support you, someone to talk to. It's good to share how you feel verses holding it in. If we keep it all inside, it builds up and can "blow up"- causing us to get angry. I do hope you find the support you need.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you very much Jean. Do you know why I sometimes have swear and bad words i heard in my head from the past when i get angry since i was 15 to now?

Why do I remember the bad stuff 2 years ago my care-coordinator said i said i don't know must be because i've holded it inside me what do you think and have to say?

Expert:  Jean replied 1 year ago.
Take care- Seek out that support you need. Yes when we hold things in can come out later- better to identify emotions right away verses stuffing them inside.

If you'd like you can request me for future questions. Will close this question.

The best to you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you very much.

Expert:  Jean replied 1 year ago.
You are welcome!