Dr. L
Dr. L, Psychologist
Experience:  Psychologist, Marriage and Family Therapist

For DR. LEVANG ONLY, PLEASE!!!: Dr. Levang, this girl cannot

Customer Question

For DR. LEVANG ONLY, PLEASE!!!: Dr. Levang, this girl cannot catch a break. After three sessions with Dr. Jamieson, he has informed me that he will retire in 6 months. I have had to come to the painful decision to invest my time/effort/energy into Dr. J, to move on and start over yet again, or to stop therapy all together. Dr. J and I spent most of the session in silence. He didn't know what to say, and I didn't know what to do.

After careful consideration, I have decided to see his collegue and close friend, Dr. Altman. His office is right next door to Dr. J's, and he has said that for the rest of his time in the office, he will be available to consult. I have already signed a release form allowing them to exchange information about me, and I have talked on the phone with Dr. Altman. He seems very nice, although my heart was set on Dr. J. I don't feel abandoned, I just feel sad. :( What do you think of this guy?

Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Camille-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Hi, I am a Moderator for this topic. I sent your requested Professional a message to follow up with you here, when they are back online. If I can help further, please let me know. Thank you for your continued patience.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your concern, but because you replied to this question, I am stuck in Q and A format (which I hate), and I am unable to use chat with Dr. Levang. Once he replies, can I have this question closed with a refund, so that I may open a new question for chat? Thanks!

Expert:  Dr. L replied 4 years ago.
Hello Tanya,
I've read over Dr. Altman's bio and I like the fact that PTSD is a specialty. I am so sorry that Dr. J announced that he is retiring soon. That seems unbelievable! I wonder if it was a quick decision...

That had to be an uncomfortable session if you sat in silence...oh my. But...I can understand why that happened.

I apologize for the lateness of the hour. Let's see if we can chat tomorrow.

Take care!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi! I do believe that it was a rather fast decision. I had therapy with him last Tuesday and by Friday he had started letting patients and colleagues know that he was out at the end of Feb. It was like a bomb shell to me. All I could think of was the fact that I'd be in the market looking for another therapist again--ugh, that is just more than I can take. I do not believe that I need a therapist who specializes in PTSD. I don't think I fit enough of the criteria anymore. I still have nightmares (isn't that unbelievable?--nearly 10 months now!), but I feel much less bothered by them. I have a lot more to my history than just nightmares and anxiety.

I'll look for you later! I want to get out of Q and A format! Thanks!!!
Expert:  Dr. L replied 4 years ago.
Hi Tanya,
I am here now if you would like to move to chat...
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Are you available to chat with me now.

Expert:  Dr. L replied 4 years ago.
You will have to close this out. Then write a new question. Okay?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.