Elliott, LPCC, NCC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience:  35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.

I feel really depressed right now. I dont feel like doing

I feel really depressed right now. I don't feel like doing anything. I am just crying right now. I haven't got the help I really wanted and I just wish I could go asleep and never wake up. My psychiatrist and psychologist aren't helping and no one seems what is really going on with me and no one knows how to help me anymore.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Elliott, LPCC, NCC replied 1 year ago.
Seeking expert counseling is a sign of strength. A personal relationship with a caring professional is proven clinically effective.

Dear friend

Your life is a precious gift. It is not renewable and is all that we really ever own in this world. Everyone sinks to the depths of despair sometimes, and it is our duty to overcome our suffering and get through to the other side of our depression.

There IS another side, and there is happiness and fulfillment somewhere down the road. It is made all the more sweet by going through the pains of life to get there.

You will destroy not only your life when you do this, but will destroy others who care about you. When someone your age dies for any reason it is a tragedy. If they die by their own hand, then it is an act that destroys others' lives forever.

You must be brave and keep suffering. You can get help to help you ease the pain, with both medication and talk therapy. Taking your own life is the ultimate failure, and the mark of a person with little courage or strength. A short life blotted out by suicide is not the way to go. You must find a reason and a way to move ahead with your life.

We at JustAnswer truly care about you and ask you with all our hearts to save your life and find the help to move yourself forward in life. Don't throw away this gift.

God give you strength. Find a caring therapist to help you get past this deep depression. There are so many paths to take to get help, and one or some of them will help you. Please honor your life, for yourself, and for all of us who love our fellow humans

There are therapists who can help you, with better medications or other techniques to deal with your depression. If these people cannot help you, then find someone who can.

Go to www.psychologytoday.com and click FIND A THERAPIST. Then enter your state and city, and up will pop a list of therapists with pictures and bios. Find some that you are interested in. Many will give you a free phone consultation. Use your intuition by looking at their pictures and reading their words and you will find someone who will help you.

I will also keep you in my prayers.

Caring regards,

Elliott Sewell, LPCC, NCC, CCMHC

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I can't think positive no matter what I do. I still believe negative thought will make me mentally strong...I am going to fail school :'( and i can't stop crying. I need you to help understand that negative thoughts don't help please. I want to ask you questions so maybe I can get over this right now.

Dear Valeria,

Please ask me anything and I will do my best to help you.

Elliott
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK so you know how negative thoughts are the cause of suffering?

When someone gets cancer, what are the negative thoughts they are thinking? can you give me examples please...

Some of the negative thoughts a person might think when they have cancer are:

• -I am going to lost my precious life and won't get the time on earth that I had previously expeced
  • -I am going to suffer pain
  • -My lifestyle will be less fulfilling than it is now
  • -I will never accomplish all of my dreams
  • -I will not find someone to love me as a partner
  • -I will lose my job
  • -I will become impovrished
  • -I will have to take chemo or radiation
  • -My hair will fall out
  • -I will not be able to travel as I had hoped
  • -I will lose my capabilities and capacity to do things
  • -Someone will have to care for me
  • -People who love me will be sad
  • -People who love me will be very inconvenienced, even if they don't think it and would do anything for you.
  • -You feel badly because you are hurting others
  • -You will see the pain of others
  • -you will feel that all your efforts and work have been for nothing
  • -You may question God for doing this to you
  • -You might become very angry
  • -You might become depressed
  • -You may lose your will to do anything

I'm sure that I could come up with more.

I could also come up with positive ones too. It's your turn now. How about a list of positive ones. This is important for you to do. If not, I wouldn't ask you.

Elliott

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I don't understand how negative thoughts are the cause of suffering, yet they say you are suppose to think positive to get strong? How can someone be thinking negative (suffering) and positive at the same time?

Dear Valeria,

You didn't answer my question yet. If you answer the question and now come up with some positives, then you will begin to learn.

The person with the cancer cannot change that fact. They can let all of these negative thoughts keep coursing through their mind and become paralyzed by those thoughts. They may have less time left, precious time. What is the negative person doing? Squandering, wasting that precious time feeling sorry for himself instead of taking the time and doing something with it.

We ALL get a limited time on this earth, and none of us know how long. Some of us who get a disease or injury that might kill us, have an idea that their life is shortened. Those who focus on the negative waste the time that is left.

Those who focus on the positive, still enjoy their lives because they are living in the present and not in the events and diagnosis of the past while focusing on events that have not happened.

The truth of life is that none of us get out of here alive. The only real time is the present, right now, right here and now. If you are someplace else then you are of track. Stop thinking about your mistakes. You cannot change some of them, but you can do better the next time if you start going right now and stop worrying about things that you cannot ever change. Get over the past. It is gone. The future lies ahead. You have whatever faculties, physical or mental, that you posess. Use them to your best advantage.

Stop thinking about poor you, and do something to make your situation better. You do not have to drown in your own misery. You are drowning in a sea of your own making. You have bad circumstances that you cannot change, but you can either work with what you have, or just give up. If you were a drowning puppy with a broken leg, you'd swim to safety and limp off and find you some shelter and something to eat.

It is up to you to save yourself.

I wish your the courage, strength, and maturity to do this for yourself.

Warm regards,

Elliott
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

• I will try to live happy as much as I can

• I will smile and laugh everyday

• I know God loves me

• I know I am still good looking without any hair

• I will pray to God ask him to help me

• I will encourage my family members that things will be okay

• I know life continues after I die

• I feel good about the good things I did in the past

• I know God is with me

• I will forgive others who have hurt me

• I will encourage people to live their life fully as if it was their last

• I know that i did the best I could in life

• i know God forgives me for the bad things I did

• I know that I will see the rest of my family in heaven

• I will still eat my healthy meals

• I will treat everyone nicely

• I will make people smile

Are this good positive things to think about?

Dear Valeria,

You are astoundingly brilliant. You did this perfectly and found so much good left in a bad situation. You showed how you could turn things around. I believe now that you can go on, since you have taught yourself how to do this.

I am very proud of you.

I have helped you before. You didn't give me any creidt by accepting my answer or giving me positive feedback so that JustAnswer could give me credit for my work.

Did I look on the negative side and not take your question? No. I heard a young woman who needed more help and I cam to help you. My reward is the wonderful answer you just gave me. I will save it and remember you.

Anything else you give me is just gravy.

I wish you the best. May God bless you, dear young lady.

Warm regards,

Elliott
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience: 35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.
Thank you so much, Valeria.

I will keep you in my prayers. I know that you are very beautiful.

From my heart to yours,

Elliott
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello Elliot, I have a question. I am really scared of people hurting me or bullies doing something to me. What can i do about this. How can I not take it personally when someone hurts me? I always tend to take it personally and it makes me feel depressed and hurt.

Dear Valeria,

There are many hurtful people in this world,and many good ones.

If you feel someone is being mean or you have the feeling that they may pick on you or bully you, then just avoid them. Quietly move on. You must find people who are nice, kind, and warmhearted and truly care about other people.

The best place you could find such people would be at a small church. Most churches, not all, but many, have good, warmhearted people who are accepting and welcoming Many have a youth ministry and I am sure that you would find decent people who would take you under their wing.

Even if you are not a religious person, a church is a wonderful place to find accepting people who will understand what a good person you are, and help you to find your strength. That is my best recommendation.

I am glad that you wrote me back. You are a special person and need to have people who see that, and who let YOU know that they know who you are, and believe in your your goodness.

God bless you.

Elliott
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

But when people are mean, rude and cruel. Is it because they are unhappy and taking out on good people? I kinda want to know their side or how the view things...I can always tell when a mean person tries to find the sensitive people. Do you know why they do it? what's going on in their head?

Dear Valeria,

It is hard for kind people like you (and I) to understand that there are some people who just cannot feel the pain of others. They have no empathy. They are sociopathic. Many people like this like to control others and feel they are better than others. These sociopaths are narcissists.

Some people just cannot imagine that another person could feel hurt or sad. They don't care. These kinds of people are also the best liars. You are young and innocent and have such a good heart. Just perceiving these kinds of people is hurtful, I'm sure.

We can learn about these people without becoming like them. We just have to learn to steer clear olf them as soon as we see that they may pretend to care, but their actions tell the truth.

It's not what is going on inside their heads, as what is NOT going on. They are incapable of empathy and can hurt others without feeling a thing.

It makes for a good con-artist but a very happy human being.

Best wishes,

Elliott