Dr. Olsen
Dr. Olsen, Psychologist
Experience:  PsyD Psychologist

my daughter has schizophrenia i would like to know what i can

my daughter has schizophrenia i would like to know what i can do to help her when she gets home from the hospital
He may need to work with a psychiatrist, a certified alcohol counselor, and a psychologist specializing in addiction, depression and psychotic disorder.
Hi there,
Thank you for writing in here.
So, your adult daughter has been diagnosed as having schizophrenia.
She is leaving a hospital.
Is she living with you?

She may need to continue working with her psychiatrist and psychotherapist/counselor in her area after she leaves a hospital.
She needs lots of support from her family, doctor and counselor.
Ideally, she should see her counselor/therapist weekly.

You may call his insurance company and get a list of providers (a certified alcohol counselor, and a psychologist) in her area.

If she has no health insurance and need a low fee counseling,
you may call The United Way toll free # XXXXX (dial 2-1-1) to find community mental health centers in her area where she can get treatment for a low fee.

She also may need comprehensive, community-based psychiatric treatment, rehabilitation, and support in a community clinic (a community behavioral health program). The services she may need are, Assertive Community Treatment (ACT), Psychosocial Rehabilitation, and Social skills Training. ACT includes case management, ongoing assessments, medication support, supportive counseling, employment and housing assistance, family support and education, and other services as needed to support the individual's ability to live successfully in the community. Clients and their family members are viewed as collaborative partners in the treatment planning and intervention process. ACT services are available 24 hours per day 365 days per year.

If your daughter becomes dangerous to self (and others) due to her mental condition, call a local mobile crisis team or psychiatric emergency response team designated by her city and county to initiate involuntary hospitalization.
Or, seek help immediately. Call 1-800-273-TALK (8255) to reach a 24 hour crisis center or dial 911 for immediate assistance.

Please let me know if you have more questions or I have overlooked any. Warm regards,
Hi there

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Let me know,