Norman M.
Norman M., Principal psychotherapist in private practice. Newspaper contributor, over 2000 satisfied clients on JA
Experience:  ADHP(NC), DEHP(NC), ECP, UKCP Registered.
14727623

Hi Norman Since I contacted you last I have had a good

Hi Norman

Since I contacted you last I have had a good couple of weeks, I slowly recovered and have got back to work and apart from feeling tired Ihave felt a lot better, my doctor has put me on a slow release propanol along with my fluoxtiene and he has been pleased with my progress, however yesterday afternoon for no reason I started to feel wobbly again, upset tummy and this morning i have the cold sweats and feel really unwell again, I am so disappointed after feeling so much better, there was nothing that happened to trigger this. Is it normal to suddenly feel like this again for no reason.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Camille-Mod replied 2 years ago.

Hi, I am a Moderator for this topic. I sent your requested Professional a message to follow up with you here, when they are back online. If I can help further, please let me know. Thank you for your continued patience.

Expert:  Norman M. replied 2 years ago.
Hi - sorry about the delay in getting back to you. I'pleased to hear that you have been better, and I think that this is a short term issue that you are going through. It DOES happens sometimes, and usually resolves fairly quickly.

However, as I suggested before, you really do need to get on to the other part of the treatment - CBT - as soon as you can. Please check with your Doc about that, because it really is important.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I appreciate what you are saying and my doctor has given me loads of information, however what I am struggling with is why out of the blue I started to feel ill again yesterday, I am not worried or stressed by anything and am now worried I am going to end up feeling like I did before even though I am trying not to. Is it normal to have a set back after 10 days of really starting to get back to normal

Expert:  Norman M. replied 2 years ago.
The fact is that it is a quite common response. For quite a long time, your mind has become used to responding to stress and threats (real or imaginary) in the way that it is doing now.

I know that it can feel as if the medication is useless, but bear in mind how much better you have felt for a lot of the time recently.

For me, that suggests that things are beginning to come together. Give it a little more time.

Get on to theCBT, please. It IS going to be hard, but the result will
be worth the effort. Please get back to me if yout think I can help!
Experience: ADHP(NC), DEHP(NC), ECP, UKCP Registered.