Norman M.
Norman M., Principal psychotherapist in private practice. Newspaper contributor, over 2000 satisfied clients on JA
Experience:  ADHP(NC), DEHP(NC), ECP, UKCP Registered.
14727623

a random woman contacted me

a random woman contacted me on messaging and i thought it was a wind up and my friends and i played her we where rude and we said some vulgar things and later on my wife recieved an email with all the conversation she doesnt want to talk to me she says i broke her trust she is devestated i feel i was set up and we continued with the winding upato us it was just a stupid silly wind up my wife doesnt believe me i cant convince her otherwise, ive only been married 3 months and my wife had a bad marriage before so trust isparamount and she is devestated.

To you, it was wind-up. To her it was a betrayal. What you think about it is neither here nor there, really. You behaved in a completely childish way, and, I guess, you would have been happy had you not been found out.

Take this as learning curve. You can talk to her until you are blue in the face, while what she needs is good evidence, shown by your actions, not just words, that you have changed your ways.

Get off the messaging service, and show her that you have done that. Listen to her, don't just dismiss how she feels.

Change your firnds or at least get way from them for a while, and let her know that you have done that. Oh, and don't do something equally silly again!

Good luck!