Dr. Rossi
Dr. Rossi, Psychotherapist
Experience:  PsyD, LPC, CHt

I am trying to quit synthetic weed and am having moderate anxiety

I am trying to quit synthetic weed and am having moderate anxiety all the time. I work out and that helps, but generally I feel awful (anxious). Any natural supplements that might help, as I do not have medical insurance. Thank you.

Hi Melissa,

If you're inquiring about natural options i.e. herbs/supplements, there are some that have been used to manage anxiety.

Picamilone, a nootropic is another natural anti anxiety option. You may try to get it through 1-866-800-4677 Order Hotline or at

Picamilon 150 - 90 capsules

Herbs: Lemon Balm and Valerian (widely used in Europe), Passion Flower. Supplements: GABA, L-trytophan (amino acids).

Something else that you could use is listening to recordings that stimulate the brain to function in Alpha and Theta brain waves a.k.a Brain Wave Therapy.

Brainwave Synchronization (Alpha - Theta Sync) & Deep Relaxation Music

Theta Brainwaves

Inderal is at times used to control anxiety. It is not a psychotropic medication but a beta blocker.