Norman M.
Norman M., Principal psychotherapist in private practice. Newspaper contributor, over 2000 satisfied clients on JA
Experience:  ADHP(NC), DEHP(NC), ECP, UKCP Registered.

i have just been told nuerosis after seeing a nuerologist today.

i have just been told nuerosis after seeing a nuerologist today. I have suffered with rolling eyes and loss of balance and over a stone and a half weight loss. I didn;t even know what that meant until looking it up tonight but it makes sense why he asked me if I was depressed, and I am not. What to do?
I think that you urgently need a second neurological consultation with someone else.

The sypmtoms you describe - particularly weight loss and loss of balance - are not typical of neurosis, although they may be a very rare manifestation of that disorder. For that reason, I would urge you to get a second neurological opinion as soon as possible.

If that comes back with the same result, you are going to have to seek psychiatric help.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

he has given me fluansol 0.05mg, midokalm 150mg and nootropil 2400mg, says I am to take this for two weeks then return to him, when he is sure I will be 'cured'. I have told him that when I was living in the UK I lost the use of my arm four and a half years ago and it took three months to get it working again, then it was put down to nerve palsy. Many years previous I have had bels palsy, and it was on the same side of my face as I had lost the use of my arm. I am at a loss. So many people are commenting on my weight loss, and how drawn I look, yet I just continue each day with my life, and have been putting up with the dizzy spells the tightness in my skull, and the tingling and numbness in my face.

Plus of course the weight loss

In the circumstances, give it the two weeks and goback. However, if there is no significant improvement, get a second opinion