TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker.
64783947

I met with my narcissitic boyfriend yesterday and he wants

I met with my narcissitic boyfriend yesterday and he wants space after 7 months and said he no longer loves me and wants to see me part time. He didn't even get me a birthday card. He is almost 60 years old and I am 58. He really came on strong but everyone said he has been seeing others. My daughter said he is narcisistic because how he dumps everyone and its only about him. I told him no part time and walked out. What should I do from here to recover? I just can't get through this because I really love him. Diane

CoachJenK :

Hi. Welcome. I am a Licensed Master Social Worker with more than 20 years experience working with individuals and families on a variety of issues.

CoachJenK :

Hi Diane. I am sorry to hear of this pain you are in.

CoachJenK :

I think you said it perfectly...the recovery comes when you can love yourself as much as you love him and by that I mean that loving yourself and knowing you deserve the mutuality in a relationship.

CoachJenK :

sounds easy but I know that it is not. Healing takes time and there will be pain as the intellectual mind and the loving heart become in sync

CoachJenK :

you sound very giving and loving and deserve that in return.

CoachJenK :

tell me some of your thoughts

CoachJenK :

a man who says he doesnt love you but still wants to see you part time clearly is a man that only thinks of himself and that is very sad for you.

Customer:

I can't believe how someone would even think that way. I was respectful and gave him all my love. I recieved reports how he has been with others while I worked and he is retired. Never wanted to fulfil what he promised like fix my car, new phone and on and on.

CoachJenK :

it is very hard to come to terms with all of that but I think if you read that back to yourself it may help to get you on your road to recovery

CoachJenK :

I see you have gone offline. i am here if you would like to continue. If not then please take a moment to click on the rating tab. My goal is EXCELLENT support. I am here if you need me.