Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

Dear Dr. Keane, I hope you are having a good

Dear Dr. Keane, I hope you are having a good week and that you are keeping well. Can we talk a little about trust please? Is it okay to take a little while to completely trust people? It doesn't always, but more often than not, it takes awhile to completely trust some people. I find that at work, paid and voluntary, although I do think I am getting better at trusting people, but it can take time, and then longer if someone wants me to be talking about feelings. I really hope that you realise and know that I trust you a lot. Also, not to do with trust but I was thinking about how the family friend I was telling you about, views me ("a delicate flower"), I don't quite know what to make of that. What do you make of that and would you agree with her? I don't mind whether you do or not agree with her, I am merely intrigued. I was thinking a little bit about weakness and trying to work out if I'm weak, although I do survive things one way or another. I've had a decent day but really had to concentrate on relieving the anxiousness I have been feeling today, so I'm hoping that goes again. I may have been overthinking.....I’ve also now re-introduced myself to a bit of Bramwell after you talking about it, and as I was looking for that I came across another period piece BBC drama called Lillies. That's interesting to watch. I am currently watching Parade’s End on the BBC, that’s a period drama. It’s in about 3 episodes. Perhaps that might find itself across there on the internet at somepoint, it’s okay so far. The Hour is another good drama, so far there is only 1 season but we're getting a second soon. These are BBC dramas. I know you really like period dramas, cookery and talent shows, what else do you like to watch? You said something about how it helps to have something to watch (not trying to pry), is this how you like to wind down after a long and/or hard day at work to relax (when you're not reading I mean)? I'll keep helping you to find some decent tv shows to watch. You see, as you help me, then I want to help you with whatever I can. I also want to tell you that I really enjoy chatting to you and I'm grateful that we talk about all sorts of things. I hope you've been having a good day and that you're well and have a good weekend.

Dr.Keane :

Hi, sorry I missed you ....to answer your question, it can take time to trust once you have been hurt by another. You use the word completely and that is a pretty big word in terms of trust. You learn to trust over time and the more you communicate with another person and develop a rapport with them you will become more trusting of that person. Your friend's use of the word delicate flower would not bother me and I do not believe it has anything to do with you being weak, that is not a word todescribe you from what I know from talking to you. Glad you found Bramwell again, I like it and I'll look into the others when I have time. I hope you enjoy your weekend.

Customer:

Hi

Customer:

sorry to have missed you too. Thank you for your answer. That makes a lot of sense. It's nice to know that it's normal. Your answer helps. I feel I can ease my mind a bit now too. I do like Bramwell and glad you're continuing to enjoy it. I'm glad you were talking about that. The other dramas I'd mentioned will keep. I just thought I'd let you know about those too. I like that you'll look into them. No idea if you'll get them over there or not, but you never know.

Dr.Keane :

Glad your mind can be put at ease and I was able to help.