KansasTherapist
KansasTherapist, LSCSW
Experience:  17 years experience with depression, abuse, and borderline.
65252638

i have been depressed without any reason .though iam self satisfied

i have been depressed without any reason .though iam self satisfied with how iam living . how can i get out of this depression episodes , i tried anti depressant , it will work for some time and again it re-occur. what is the effective treatement for ,should i again consult psychiatrists and have antidepressant? please help out

KansasTherapist : Hello
KansasTherapist : You don't say whether you stopped taking the antidepressant and then the depression came back or if you were taking it and it just stopped working.
Customer:

Hi Kansas

How do i get better .what should be my next step of treatment?

KansasTherapist : Did your depression come back after you stopped taking the meds?
Customer:

yes..

KansasTherapist : I would definately recommend seeing a psychiatrist and getting back on an antidepressant.
KansasTherapist : You should stay on it at least a year before trying to see if you can do without it.
KansasTherapist : Some people need to stay on them all the time and other can go off between episodes.
Customer:

oh i see. why the same medicine is not working when i resumed after a period

KansasTherapist : There are lots of antidepressants to choose from. Your doctor will help you find the right one.
Customer:

how long i have to be under medication? any approx time, some times side effects still worries me

KansasTherapist : What side effects bother you?
Customer:

its like difficulty in waking up . not enjoying the world...etc

KansasTherapist : Be sure to let your doctor know that. It should be possible to find something that works better than that.
Customer:

what is the most effective natual treatment or anti-depressant that would give me quick recovery?

KansasTherapist : I don't think there is anything that fits your discription.
Customer:

what is your advise that i should do to get back to local psychatrist?

KansasTherapist : You can go to therapy, exercise, eat heathy, do yoga and meditate, but that will only improve some of your symptoms. Mostly you would have to wait for the depression cycle to lift you up.
KansasTherapist : Yes, my advice for people who are depressed in spite of having good, satisfying lives, is to see a psychiatrist.
Customer:

thank you.

KansasTherapist : You're very welcome.