Doctor Rao
Doctor Rao, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS,MD,DPM,MRCPsych
67112189

MS - 211

Customer Question

Is this normal for a person to be tired and so emotional and depressed
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Doctor Rao replied 4 years ago.
Hi, Thank you for the question. It depends on lot of factors both physical and psychological. If a person is having current psychosocial stressors like relationship, financial, social or acute medical problems they do feel tired, emotional and depressed because the stress levels would effect hormones and immune system. However it is important to make sure we are not missing anything significant in this process. This can be done by routine physical examination, full blood count, Haemoglobin, Thyroid function tests and Electrolytes as the baseline essential investigations Along with psychological assessment to rule out Depression and anxiety. The physical investigation are to rule out Anaemia, thyroid problem, hyponatraemia which all can mimic the clinical picture you described. I hope this helps. Please do not hesitate to ask for more information if required. If you find the answer helpful, please provide positive feedback. I wish you all the best. Thank you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

You did not get all the info

My son had a heart attack in June had a stent put in. In August he had a defibulator and a pace maker put in. Since then he is extremely tired and very emotional and depressed is this a normal occurance. seems like he should feel somewhat better it has been 3 weeks