Norman M.
Norman M., Principal psychotherapist in private practice. Newspaper contributor, over 2000 satisfied clients on JA
Experience:  ADHP(NC), DEHP(NC), ECP, UKCP Registered.

we are at a critical state! My son-in-law returned from Afgahanistan

we are at a critical state!
My son-in-law returned from Afgahanistan on R&R. Before he left to return, he told my daughter he wants a divorce when he returns in October.
Two years ago he chose to sterilize himself even after she begged and pleaded with him not to do so. He has since promised to get a reversal. He claims to be on the list...I've witnessed behavorial changes. He admitted to me that he drinks too much. He refuses to seek ANY outside resources to work thru/resolve any problems. He denies there is someone else. Yet, he has started taking out money. There are many other factors that come into play. I think that possibly PTSD plays a role and/or drug & alcohol are contributing factors.
You have given a clear picture of what has been happening, but what, exactly, is your question?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Should she go to the command and state her concerns? Or, should she find a lawyer and how would you locate a top notch divorce lawyer in Alaska? She does not want a divorce, ie has mental problems (i.e. TBI, TIA etc.). If he has been unfaithful, then that another matter.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

It is past 11:00 pm here.....I am fading....Please send a response anyway...I'll get it in the morning.....hopefully, I can get some sleep! Thank you, Linda

I am inclined to think that she should do both, but consult a lawyer first to see precisely what her options are. As far as finding a good lawyer. Search for divorce lawyers in Alaska, then interview at least three on the telephone and go with the one that makes you feel most comfortable.