psychlady, Therapist
Experience:  Psychotherapist specializing in the treatment of a variety of mental health issues.

Hi I have been feeling like i could burst out crying whenever

Hi I have been feeling like i could burst out crying whenever i wanted to and would feel really hurt. this has been with me for many years now.

i have so many more issues i think. what can i do?

You may be suffering from depression. The symptoms of depression includes bouts of crying, sadness, hopelessness, forgetfulness, and lack of motivation. Your possible solutions consist of therapy which is done on a one on one basis where a counselor can help you identify what is making you sad and techniques to deal with these triggers before you feel like crying and are in the midst of this sadness. The other options is medication where a psychiatrist can work with you through such an intervention as an antidepressant. You can even combine both for the most benefit possible. We have very effective medications on the market although it may take several trials before getting it right. Counseling is a more long term solution and takes months to really make a difference but it often has more long term effects. If you want to try medication keep in mind that typically psychiatrists do not offer therapy.

Please press positive feedback or I am not compensated