Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

I have been diagnosed with major depression since June 2012.

Customer Question

I have been diagnosed with major depression since June 2012. I have experienced de-personsonalized depression and anxiety. I have been hospitalized for 1 1/2 months and had ECTs (which I think have caused my status). Right now, I'm feeling very backward, meaning that I wake up with the feeling of hoping to rewind my brain as I know that I don't have to be this way. I feel very out from my world. I jumped to a wrong conclusion back in June and now I know that I don't have to be this way. People don't have to die or experience this or the disease of the dead person - so I'm going thru this which I don't need to. I cannot watch TV or listen radio as it reminds me of when I was 100% healthy. I cannot do anything except talk about this and how I want a new brain or get my life moved back to June (as that is when the bad stuff started). Can you help me

Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Nurse72 replied 4 years ago.
I'm sorry to hear about how you're feeling. Are you in this half-way house now?