Elliott, LPCC, NCC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience:  35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.

Sometimes I have events that have happened to me in the past,

Customer Question

Sometimes I have events that have happened to me in the past, play out in front of me as if it is happening now. I can remember people faces and how event happened. It sometimes effect my daily routine.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Elliott, LPCC, NCC replied 1 year ago.
Seeking expert counseling is a sign of strength. A personal relationship with a caring professional is proven clinically effective.

Dear friend,

What is happening to you could be flashbacks or could be hallucinations.

Flashbacks often involve frightening events that happened in the past because of some past trauma to you: witnessing something horrible; being kidnapped or raped, being in a bad accident, etc. If this is the case you may be suffering from Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD).

If you are having hallucinations, they could also be from PTSD, or from Major Depression or even from a psychotic disorder such as delusional disorder or schizophrenia.

If you would be so kind as to give me more details, I will be happy to make some recommendations. I look forward to hearing from you.

Warm regards,

Elliott Sewell, LPCC, NCC, CCMHC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience: 35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I'm also experiencing clear images of a guy name Will who i actually met before. I experienced seeing another guy with my own eyes who was right in front of me, walking across the room. No one else saw him but me. I've been experiencing many paranormal things and I don't know how to deal with it because no one can understand it. I don't know if I should be talking to a psychiatrist or a psychic. What do you believe is wrong with me and is there any medication for what I am experiencing?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Expert:  Ryan LCSW replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX X'd like to help you out.

I'm sorry to hear about what you've been going through and I can certainly understand why you would want to get this figured out. From what you've stated, your symptoms sound very similar to people who are suffering from a psychotic episode/disorder, or a delusional disorder. Schizophrenia is one of the more common diagnosis that falls into this category and can have these symptoms. In this case it would be best to speak with a Psychiatrist. There are medications that help to alleviate these types of symptoms, but it is important to get a professional assessment in order to determine the best course of treatment. A psychiatrist would be able to diagnose this problem correctly and also would have the medical background to prescribe any medications that would help.

I definitely wish you the best with all of this. If there's anything else I can do to help just let me know.

Ryan