Dr. Kaushik
Dr. Kaushik, Psychiatrist
Experience:  MD Psychiatry
9385906

i am a male, and have been cross dressing since i was 12 years

i am a male, and have been cross dressing since i was 12 years old. Unsure of what sex i want to ultimately be. Most days i feel male, but lingering in the back of my mind is always this urge to dress in female clothing and wear makeup, get my nails done etc etc. I dont know what to do. Its starting to interfere with my relationship with my gf, she has no idea i still dress, but its getting harder and harder to hide it from her.

Dr. Kaushik :

Hi there,

Welcome to Just answer !

Well, i can empathize with you as it must have been hard for you to lead this dual lifestyle which must have been very distressing at times.

Dr. Kaushik :

I will like to ask you one thing and that is what role is and has been more fulfilling emotionally for you, that of a boy or a girl ? which out of these two genders you really able to identify your with ?

Dr. Kaushik :

what is your age and have you told about this to your parents?

Dr. Kaushik :

i will get back to you once you reply to m queries , so please hang on as this conversation is still in progress ..

Customer:

I dont know what is more comfortable as i have lived the male lifestyle my whole life, its confusing because the female role seems new and exciting to me. I identify as male, but i dont know if thats because i grew up male or if its what i want to be. I really enjoy dressing up and trying to look cute (really hard through the male exterior). I am 24 and nope my parents dont know. They are SUPER conservative and if they knew i did this they would probably disown me i dont know to be honest. thanks for replying so quick i really appreciate it!

Dr. Kaushik :

Hi there,

Welcome to Just answer !

Dr. Kaushik :

Well, i believe what you been suffering from is a condition called as Gender Identity disorder , where a person belonging to one sex stongly harbors feelings to have body of opposite sex , wishes to wear clothes of opposite sex and likes to behave like opposite sex and also as the age progresses starts having feeling for the same sex individuals ..

Dr. Kaushik :

Do you have these above mentioned 3 feelings ?

Dr. Kaushik :

kindly reply and also let me know about your age and when did all this start and have you told anyone about this inclouding your parents ?

Customer:

yes i have had those feelings before, but like ive said before those feelings are confusing, and im not sure what to believe. I am 24 as stated before as well. Ive told my gf that ive cross dressed in the past, but that i don't do it anymore (it would destroy her if she knew) Im not sure what to do. Or even how to begin figuring out how i really feel about myself.

Dr. Kaushik :

Thanks for the reply..

do you still get sexually attracted to opposite sex , to your girlfriend ?Or is it that you are attarcted towards males ?

Dr. Kaushik :

Please do not feel embarrassed at all in replying to me as we are just disccussing your issue ans please bear in mind that no one is judging you here so please try to be open and honest with your answers , and i am sure you will be. I know this is tough for you , but for getting you out of this conundrum you got to be honest with yourself first..

Dr. Kaushik :

I am witing for you reply, so please do so and i shall get back to and we shalll discuss your future course of action..

Customer:

yes occaisonally. And yes i am still attracted to my girlfriend.

Customer:

I guess i would say that i am semi-bisexual where i lead more towards women than men

Dr. Kaushik :

Thanks for the reply..

Well, i believe this confusion that is playing in your mind about your sexuality and sexual preference needs to be evaluated by a clinical psychologist as this obsession for cross dressing and make up can be a result of many underlying conditions such as Gender identity disorder or Trangender identity disorder which shall also cover your feeling semi - bisexual as you had put it or it can also be a sexual fetish for wearing clothes of opposite sex which is inclided in the paraphilias that is deviant sexual behaviour.

So the next step for you is to get to the bottom of plausible diagnosis of your condition by getting yourself evaluated by a clinical psychologist and once the diagnosis is confirmed then things will become clear for you to understand about your obsession for cross dressing which will help you to accept facts and with the help of same clinical psychologist you can start on therapy to resolve your issues which will help you to explain youself to your girlfriend , and more than that you will attain peace of mind and a direction to move in.

Dr. Kaushik :

So, kindly do the needful , i bave laid down two plausible conditions which best decribe your obessions for cross dressing and attraction for both males and femals..

Dr. Kaushik :

I am sending you links below for you to have a keen look into each of these conditions and acquaint yourself with these and self evaluate first to consider which of these two conditions explain your behaviour best and then prepare you to get evaluated thoroughly by a clinical psychologist.

Dr. Kaushik :

I hope this helps..

Wish you all the best..

Please give me a positive rating if you are satisfied with the answer as only then will i be credited for my service.

Regards..