TherapistMarryAnn, Therapist
Experience:  Over 20 years experience specializing in anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol, and relationship issues.

My spouse is always checking out other women, is this a sign

My spouse is always checking out other women, is this a sign of cheating?
Hello, I'd like to help you with your question.

When combined with watching/looking at porn and no sexual relations for 6 months, it sounds like your husband's looking at other women is a problem. Just on it's own it is hurtful to look at other women, particularly if it hurts your spouse. But in combination with other issues, it indicates a deeper problem.

If you have asked your husband to not look at other women (or at least not be as obvious about it- most men look but don't make a big deal out of it) and to stop looking at porn and he ignores or belittles you for asking, then the issue becomes that your husband is putting his needs before your feelings. In order for a marriage to be healthy and grow, you each have to put the other person first. When that doesn't happen, trust can become an issue.

Try talking with your husband again. Let him know how much his actions are affecting how you feel about him and your marriage. If he responds well, you can work on the issue from there. If he does not, then you may want to consider seeing a marriage therapist either with him (preferable) or if you have to, without him. Your husband may need to hear from someone else that his actions are hurting your marriage.

I hope this has helped you,

Thank you so much for the positive rating and bonus! I appreciate it. My best to you.