KansasTherapist
KansasTherapist, LSCSW
Experience:  17 years experience with depression, abuse, and borderline.
65252638

I want to help my daughter. I dont know how anymore. I have

I want to help my daughter. I don't know how anymore. I have so many questions and am seeing a therapist myself. How can I help when she refuses to speak to me? no email, no texting, she refuses to answer the phone when I call. The only thing I call about now is to leave msgs when there is family news ( such as the death of her uncle ) because I don't want her to not know. I hate this. And I am so tired of hearing that drug addiction is a disease. I already know that. It isn't an answer.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  KansasTherapist replied 1 year ago.

KansasTherapist : Hello
It seems that your daughter has shut you out of her life, at least for the present. Of course you want to help her in any way you can. There is just no way you can change things for her. Perhaps, one day, something will bring your daughter back to you. When that happens, she will know that you are there for her, loving and caring for her. In the mean time, this is one of those things you cannot change they talk about in the serenity prayer. If there was another answer, I would offer it to you, but there just isn't.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

That sucks. it's been 18 months and I was hoping that was another answer than waiting. It does help to know that I haven't missed a possible answer. I guess what I want is a miracle. That one is up to God. I just miss my granddaughter so much. So.....I guess I just continue what I have been doing. Pray.

It does suck. It's also very sad that you aren't allowed to see your grand daughter and make sure she's being taken care of. You have my sincere hope for a better future.
KansasTherapist, LSCSW
Experience: 17 years experience with depression, abuse, and borderline.